The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is an independent medical aid organization based in Dakar, Senegal. ALIMA has three principal areas of expertise: providing medical care in humanitarian crises, supporting the development of national medical organizations, and conducting operational research to bring medical innovation to the field.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Purchaser
Location: Askira Uba, Borno
Contract Duration: 5 months
- The purchaser, under the direct supervision of the Supply Supervisor and overall supervision of the Supply Manager, is responsible for procurement activities in Maiduguri.
- He/Her have to plan, organize procurement activities in compliance with ALIMA procedures and ensure timely delivery, reception and dispatching of goods as required.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Perform administrative procurement activities in a timely and efficient manner, to support the acquisition of goods and services for efficient field operations;
- Process purchase orders, ensures all related information is available in the local database or filing system;
- Negotiate and purchase: spot purchase, obtain quotations, tender;
- Negotiate purchase conditions and purchase all specific goods and services as specified in the requests;
- Assist supply supervisor to clarify problematic requisition orders;
- Monitor the delivery of procurement requisitions, verifying receipt and inspection of deliverables, and performing follow up actions to ensure supplies reach the desired operations;
- Visit and prospect suppliers, select and evaluate their legality;
- Update, manage and maintain relevant databases and records, to ensure the information is accurate, organized, and available for others to access, and supports reporting requirements;
- Maintain good filing system for Internal Request files, suppliers’ files, products’ files;
- Perform any other task incidental to the above as required.
Standard Minimum Qualifications
- Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable;
- Minimum of 2 years of progressive experience in a function related to the purchasing or contracting of goods and services such as procurement, transport and logistics;
- Very good command of English (oral and written) and Hausa or Kanori;
- Good computer skill MS word, MS excel.
- Strongly motivated by humanitarian work;
- Autonomous, reactive and able to deal with priorities;
- Extremely rigorous and precise, attention to details;
- Diplomatic, able to work in a team, under pressure in sometimes a dangerous environment;
- Good management, organizational and communication skills;
- Professionalism, integrity, interpersonal skills, goal focus.
Job Title: Storekeeper
- Assist the logistics/supply supervisor with stock management (receipt, storage, and issuance to projects or other departments of medical supplies, food items, spare parts, tools, equipments and other logistics materials), according to the line manager’s instructions and ALIMA standards, in order to ensure the overall functioning of ALIMA activities.
- When receiving goods, check the number of packages against the cargo manifest, check packaging and cases and inform the line manager of any problems (missing or damaged goods, etc.).
- Immediately after reception of goods, update stock cards and/or create stock cards for all stock items.
- Check the cold box directly on reception and control the cold chain-monitoring card.
- Prepare orders on time before sending goods, ensuring qood quality of packing material.
- Ensure that all items are well organised and correctly stored, well protected, fully identified and easily accessible (cleanliness, security, access, etc.).
- Keep a special control of “sensitive” goods numbers of lots, expiry dates, and packaging and special storage conditions.
- Pack (according to transport means), weigh and label freight (destination, number of shipping units, way bill number, weight and mode of transport) and assign a shipping number to each package, in accordance with the line manager’s instructions.
- Assist the line manager with preparation of the stock report.
- In conjunction with the line manager, perform physical stock counts in accordance with the frequency previously defined.
- Immediately inform the line manager of any problems arising in the course of the work, particularly with regard to damage, loss, attempted break-ins or theft in the warehouse
- Responsible for monitoring the store temperature and ensure Cold Chain items are stored in an adequate temperatue.
- Literacy essential.
- Desirable Diploma and warehouse management related studies.
- Previous experience as storekeeper desirable.
- Local language essential. Mission language desirable.
- Essential basic mathematics and use of measuring equipment.
- Desirable computer literacy (word, excel)
- Desirable ability to do basic repairs.
- Stress Management.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume and Cover Letter’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference as “Job Title – location ” in the subject line.
All hard copies (hand delivery) submission should be delivered to Our Head Office:
No. 2 Jann Road,
Off Damboa Road,
Behind UNHCR Office,
Application Deadline 29th August, 2018.