Zola Electric is the world’s first massively scalable off-grid electric company. It exists to provide affordable and reliable energy to communities that currently lack such power. The company utilizes distributed renewable energy to sell power as a service to customers who suffer from an expensive grid, an unreliable grid, or have no electrical grid access at all. We provide 24/7 clean energy to anyone, anywhere. Our aim is to deliver a complete technical, operational and financial model that makes incredibly high quality renewable electrical services affordable to millions of homes.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Manager, Solar Tech Operations
Duration: 6 months assignment
- We are looking for a deeply experienced technical operations leader to help us build out our technical field operations division in Nigeria and beyond.
- In this role you will work with the Executive Sponsor (Chief Product Officer, COO) and country leadership to develop a technical operations division within our Nigeria country operations.
Amongst other tasks, you will:
- Work with COO, Supply Chain and Engineering to develop standard Bills of Materials, inventory control and reconciliation of goods processes.
- Other related activities as assigned during the course of the contract.
- Develop a first class health and safety program for field activities.
- Work with logistics to fully map out the order fulfillment-Installation-O&M journey.
- Design installation processes and QA systems for our proprietary grid compatible AC hybrid solar energy systems.
- Recruit, hire, onboard and train our initial crews who will go on to become our Quality Assurance, Train-the-trainers and “special forces” for installation and service.
- Work with engineering to develop standard protocols for remote (technical support) troubleshooting, field engineering and technician support, and standardized maintenance processes.
- Work with training and HR to train internal crews and contractors on said processes and procedures.
- Develop a QA framework to ensure consistent and reliable quality in every customer installation and technical service touch point.
- Experience designing processes and developing written systems to manage quality and standardize activities.
- Strong bias for retrofit installations and smaller residential or commercial hybrid energy systems (solar installations, battery backup systems, remote sites such as telecom towers or outposts etc.)
- Electrical engineering and/or licensed electrician and field engineering experience
- Electrical Utility Intertie and regulations
- Deep HSE program experience and knowledge of international health and safety standards
- Electrical system integration, troubleshooting and repair
- Rooftop and ground mount Solar design and installation
- Technical Team management
- Passion for field operations and logistics management
- Extremely self-motivated, able to work with little or no supervision and deliver quality content and result.
- Our ideal candidate will have years of experiencing installing, commissioning and servicing hybrid energy systems in emerging markets.
- He or she will have experiencing managing field operations using internal and external crews including recruiting, training, managing and department optimization employees as well as managing external contractors.
- The candidate will have worked in emerging markets on the ground, ideally in Sub-Saharan Africa and have extensive knowledge about the challenges of working with sub-standard infrastructure, cultural differences, working with technicians of varying levels of expertise etc.
- The ideal candidate will have a passion for quality, and be obsessed with the value of systemizing processes in order to drive scalable operations and predictably quality work.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s (preferred) degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 12 years’ experience conducting, managing and overseeing technical operations (installation, commissioning, operations and maintenance) of power systems, including hybrid power systems.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply