Lily hospitals Limited, established since 1986 remains one of the foremost hospitals in Nigeria and within the South-South region of the country. It is the first private hospital in Nigeria to achieve ISO 9001:2000 quality management system certification from the Standards Organization of Nigeria (SON). We are also consistently committed to high standards; continuous improvement, service excellence, organizationaal citizenship, and outstanding work ethics.
At Lily hospitals, we recognize that our staff is vital to the achievement of our organizational vision, the sustainability of our mission and the profitability of our business. We also recognize that our staff are our most valuable assets and as such continuously prioritize their welfare, and also see to the provision of an environment that is conducive for optimal productivity and performance and which consistently supports operational efficiency and effectiveness.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist
Location: Warri, Delta
Type: Full Time
Job Category: Management Level
- This role is responsible for providing high quality clinical care to patients in the hospital by diagnosing, treating and helping to prevent diseases of women especially those affecting the reproductive system and the process of childbirth.
Key Result Areas (KRA)
Clinical Service Delivery:
- Contribute to quality patient care by participation in case planning which includes appropriate pre-admission planning, in-hospital care and discharge planning.
- To identify and recommend appropriate investigations, medical treatment etc
- Participate in clinical audit and quality programs as appropriate
- To provide quality medical care to patients and supervise the delivery of quality healthcare by all junior medical personnel.
- Supervise and monitor cesarean sections or other surgical procedures as needed to preserve patient’s health and deliver babies safely.
- Provide supervision to resident doctors, medical officers and house officers on medical cases with unique complications.
- Manage the administrative requirements of the hospital and patient care including ensuring discharge summaries and medico-legal correspondence are completed with no delay.
- Be aware of and adhere to all Lily Hospital policies and procedure in reference to clinical practice.
- Ensure accomplishment of quality training in the department.
- The job holder must have a license to practice medicine from the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria and should be a licensed O&G practitioner certified by the West African College of Surgeons or the National Post graduate Medical College.
- Knowledge of O & G and other specialist areas of medical practice such as oncology, pathology, radiology and pediatrics.
- The job holder must have good communication skills, a strong ability to work well under extreme pressure and self discipline
- Job holder must have a working knowledge of global quality assurance, clinical audit principles and processes and must exhibit a commitment towards continuous quality improvement.
- Minimum of 5 years cognate experience.
- Must show evidence of competence in management of o & G cases and evidence of active participation in relevant research
- Salary in line with industry standard
- Accommodation available
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV in Word doc to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 11th November, 2018