Drive to Retail Limited – Over the past 5years, we have successfully grown an unparalleled distribution network across the country in the redistribution and retail of a diversified range of products in various categories – breakfast cereals, biscuits, dairy products, alcoholic & non-alcoholic beverages, personal care & more with the sole aim of giving visibility to brands.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Sales Accountant
Location: Kaduna, Nigeria.
Contract Type: Full-time
Industry: FMCG (Redistribution).
- The Sales Audit Accountant is responsible for the daily reconciliation of all sales and payments for modern trade, wholesale, van sales and other sales channels.
- The position will maintain the implementation of various control-checks to ensure accurate flows of interfaces amongst all systems (Accounting system , warehouse, Point of Sale system), in close partnership with Accounting Manager and Head of Operations.
Accounting – 50%:
- Participate in the budget and budget update process with Financial analysts.
- Assist in monthly reporting of sales.
- Assess levels of internal controls
- Escalate concerns to control office, and propose alternative processes.
- Cash (all entities): monitor daily cash; record cash receipts; prepare monthly bank reconciliations, including follow-up of reconciling items, in a timely manner.
- Manage all inter-company accounts and perform inter-company reconciliations
- Monthly accounting close: posting journal entries, accruals review, inventory / margin reconciliation in support of the Financial Analysts
- Quarterly closings: analysis of balance sheet variations and cash flow impacts.
Sales Audit – 35%:
- Verify accuracy of store sales.
- Identification and investigation of transactional discrepancies to determine possible cause and make corresponding corrections.
- Research bank deposit inquiries; i.e. over/short or missing deposits.
- Assist Loss Prevention in relevant investigations.
Reporting & Analysis – 10%:
- Monitor trends in sales figures and report to management.
Other – 5%:
- Assist with internal and external audit requests.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties and projects as needed.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a sales audit Accountant in a retail/re-distribution company.
- Good communication skills in both English and Hausa.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; strong Excel, general computer skills and Quick Books software.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject heading.
Application Deadline 18th October, 2018.