UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: TA Reporting Officer, P2 (364 days)
Job Number: 518130
Work Type: Temporary Appointment
Key Expected Results/Major Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be expected to carry out the following duties:
- Work with relevant programme sections and operations (as required) in the preparation of high quality funding proposals and donor reports by standardizing formats, contents and ensuring adherence to donor requirements. Provide quality assurance of reports and proposals.
- Provide assistance in the lessons learnt from UNICEF’s operations experience for adoption of the best practices and standards for subsequent interventions. Collate and analyse data from national and field office locations, and prepare trend analysis.
- Support effective engagement with key partners and donors, establish an online partnership database with up to date in-country and HQ donor contacts, funding profiles and current regional/global funding status.
- Maintain and improve a donor proposal database to track fundraising against programme needs and to inform the RM Specialist on development, submission status of proposals and to monitor funding received and utilized.
- Support the UNICEF team through information sharing and donor visit preparation and execution when required. Research and identify new and non-traditional funding sources, as appropriate, including humanitarian pooled/basket funds (e.g. Central Emergency Response Fund, Human Security Fund).
- Other duties to support the Office as may be required.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have:
- Education: University degree in Social Sciences, Development Planning, Planning, Evaluation, Survey Implementation, Advanced Statistical Research or related field.
- Work experience: At least 2 years of relevant professional work experience at the national and/or international levels in programme/project development, planning, implementation, and/or monitoring.
- Language Proficiency: Fluency in English. Knowledge of other official UN language an asset
For every Child, you demonstrat
- UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
View our competency framework at:
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
- UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination.
- UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process
Application Deadline 3rd December, 2018 by 23:55:00 GMT+0100 (W. Central Africa Standard Time)