Vodacom Business, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Vodacom Group, is a leading pan-African corporate connectivity and telecommunications provider that has brought affordable and reliable connectivity to Africa since 1992. In that time, we have built strong relationships in the sectors that are driving the continent’s economic growth; helping them stay connected across Africa, and to the rest of the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Coordinator
Reporting to: Senior Project Manager
Job type: Full-time
Employment Type: Permanent
- Coordinate the installation of network equipment at customer premises or at core network nodes.
- Control the project implementation process.
- Assist in invoicing according to milestone.
- Assist with project equipment ordering.
- Escalate project issues timely.
- Prepares and manages project plans and implementation schedules using MS Project and other suitable software.
- Manage operations teams and external contractors during project execution.
- Hold regular meetings with all stakeholders on project status.
- Produce Project reports for customer and internal consumption.
- Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Identifies resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities.
- Prepares for engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures.
- Minimizes company exposure and risk on project.
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of the project team.
- Effectively applies project methodology and enforces project standards.
- Understands basic revenue models.
- Understands our pricing model and billing procedures.
- Assures project legal documents are completed and signed.
- Identifies business development and “add-on” sales opportunities as they relate to a specific project.
- Leads proposal efforts including completing project scoping.
- Facilitates team and client meetings effectively.
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Holds regular status meetings with project team.
- Keeps project team well informed of changes within the organization.
- Possesses general understanding in the areas of Telecommunication, Satellite networks and IP technology
- Possesses a thorough understanding of our capabilities.
- Maintains awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application on client engagements
- Strong background in Project management with focus on Telecommunications and Satcom.
- Organisational management
- Personnel & performance management
- Written and verbal communications
- Contract negotiation skills.
- Problem solving
- Prioritising workload of self and others
- Assist Project managers in project management deliveries, efficiently within an agreed Scope, Time and Budget while managing all stakeholders’ expectations.
- Satellite and/or wireless network experience advantageous.
- Management of a team of resources throughout the organisation in country and abroad.
- Minimum of 0-2 years related industry work experience
- Preferred candidate must have BEng/ HND Elect Elect with PMI or Prince 2 as an added advantage.
- Experience as a project manager in a Telecom environment essential.
- Must have worked in a project management frame work
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a copy of their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline 26th November 2018