Solidarites International (SI) is a French humanitarian organisation operating for over 35 years who is committed to providing aid in the event of conflict and natural disasters. Our mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: water, food and shelter.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Store keeper
Location: Ngala, Borno
Beginning of contract: ASAP
Contract duration: 5 months (with possibility of extension)
Probation period: 7 weeks
Goal / Purpose
- The storekeeper manages the receipt, storage, safe-keeping and delivery of food items, goods, tools and equipment used by Solidarités International or under the responsibility of Solidarités International.
- He/she participates in the drafting and monitoring of all administrative documents related to stored items.
- Ensure the equipment and machines used by teams are cleaned before returning to storage
- Monitor the quality of products at the time of receipt. Put aside non-compliant or infected products and report to the logistics officer
- Regularly monitor the quality of products during storage. Pay special attention to expiration dates
- Maintenance of buildings, storage spaces and stored equipment
- Monitor the storage facilities and infrastructure both from inside and outside: locate damages and propose the necessary repairs
- Supervise cleaning and regular disinfection of storage spaces
- Introduce protection against insects and pests inside the storage spaces and apply treatment upon the first sign of infection
- Ensure adequate ventilation of the spaces
Management of Storage Spaces:
- In conjunction with the Base Logistician, make provisions for the staff and necessary equipment for loading / unloading
- Supervise the team of daily workers charged with storage activities
- Draft or complete dispatch and receipt documents in compliance with Solidarités International standards
- Monitor incoming and outgoing equipment
- Maintain updated inventory lists
- Participate in monthly stored goods and equipment inventories and reconciliation with what should be in stock.
Drafting of Reports:
- Participate in the drafting of activity and inventory reports
Organizational Chart Position (Reporting and Functional Relationships)
- Line manager: Base Logistician
- Line reports on base: Base Logistician
- Functional manager
- Functional report(s)
- Good communication skills
- English – Spoken and written
- Shuwa, Kanuri – Spoken
- Good knowledge in Office Package (Word and Excel)
- Experience in Warehouse/Stock management
Salary and Conditions
In accordance with SI’s Terms of Employment; for national staff in Nigeria
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 31st January, 2019.
- Select Storekeeper Ngala, fill the form and attach your CV.
- The CV attached must be named with your name and surname.
- As position is required as soon as possible, Solidarites International reserves the right to select a candidate and finalize the recruitment before the final date.
- No generic applications will be accepted.
- No paper CV will be accepted.