Rack Centre is the state-of-the-art, Tier III constructed facility certified data centre offering carrier neutral colocation services. It is the most connected in Africa with all major carriers and Internet Service Providers (ISPs) in the country and direct connection to all undersea cables serving the South Atlantic Coast of Africa.
Rack Centre is 100% owned by Jagal, a Nigerian conglomerate holding that operates leading energy businesses and manages a diverse portfolio of investments
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cloud Transformation Architect
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- We are looking to recruit a senior management role as Enterprise Cloud Transformation Architect.
- As a Senior Management role, the individual will have a track record of enterprise architecture, sound knowledge and record of architecting and architecture lead in implementing heterogenous Cloud technologies, an innovation DNA and ability to rapidly become an expert in new technologies in a rapidly changing technology world.
- Leadership within Rack Centre and in the local and global industry on Cloud Business Architecture, a Technology Strategic leader and member of the management team responsible for the company’s business and technology strategy and execution.
- Responsible for technical design using requirement specifications and use cases/stories by collaborating with the product management and business on product requirements.
- Providing Cloud hosting and integration expertise across Rack Centre, Cloud vendors and Client platforms.
- Provide thought leadership and architectural expertise to a cross-functional team charged with deploying a host of customer-related applications and data to the cloud.
- Responsible for designing and implementing cloud-based solutions, including private, community and public cloud deployment models for a variety of corporates and top end SME companies.
- Manages the day-to-day operations and oversees the deployment and operation of the operating environment that supports Rack Centre’s cloud customers.
- Strategic business development support with performance target related to sales and technology KPIs.
- Transforming client business technology architectures to optimise around a wide range of Cloud technologies.
- Technology advisor and transformation leader responsible for executing technology roadmap to meet Rack Centre’s long-term Cloud business strategy, roadmap and goals.
- Responsible for setting clear, Cloud business-driven direction for Rack Centre’s technology team.
- Providing enterprise architecture and design expertise across multiple product lines using TOGAF.
- Architect, supervise and participate in the implementation of technologies and platforms supporting global internet 24×7 application.
- Develop Rack Centre’s added value ecosystem of Content Development Networks, Internet Exchange Point integration and optimisation of other content platforms.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s or Post graduate Degree.
- Strong knowledge of at least one architecture development methods such as TOGAF.
- Demonstrable ability to be innovative, leading edge in thinking and agility to rapidly be an expert in new technologies and innovations, putting technology into business context.
- The rare ability to combine architecture and technology insight and excellence with emotional intelligence, sales support, and putting technology in business context.
- Can-do dynamic personality adept at working in sophisticated team working environments.
- Demonstrates a breadth and depth of operational service delivery management expertise, preferably in an international environment.
- Knowledge of the Data Centre and or Telecommunications industry.
- Management and supervisory skills required, plus the ability to plan and prepare.
- A minimum of 15 years of post-graduate experience in enterprise architecture, delivering heterogenous IT infrastructure and 5 years on cloud projects with multiple stakeholders and delivery teams.
- Strong client focus – ability to operate at prime customer contact level typically at senior management and executive levels.
- Must be able to work independently and make sound technical decisions using the information at hand.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service, internally or externally.
- Strong development focus – advocate of developing employees, teams and the business.
- Significant experience of leading and managing teams (including matrix management) within an operational service delivery or shared services environment.
- Strong commercial and financial awareness, monitoring, co-ordination and budget ownership.
- Strong communicator at all levels.
- Strong Infrastructure and IT Management.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply