Pact West Africa (Nigeria) is a Country Office of Pact, an international non-governmental and non-profit organization with its headquarters in Washington, DC. We envision a world where everyone owns their own future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant.
We seek a highly experienced and qualified candidate to fill the below position:
Job Title: Knowledge Management Consultant
Location: Abuja with travels to the North East
Duration: 2 months
- The consultant will develop communications materials (i.e. success stores, infographics, photo stories, short video clips and final graphic design work for other related documents) that will showcase achievements and lessons learned on the State Accountability and Quality Improvement Project (SAQIP) in Gombe State overall and within each of the three primary outcome areas.
- The consultant will also help finalize the communications strategy.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Desk review of relevant literatures and program documents
- Work with monitoring, evaluation and learning team to identify and analyse relevant data for each primary outcome area
- Develop protocols and interview guides for collection of any required additional data (as needed)
- Mop up outstanding information and assessments from relevant SAQIP team in Gombe state.
- Conduct field visits and interact with health facility providers, LGA PHC department leads and GSPHCDA with a view to collecting information to showcase the unique interventions and share with the Communications team
- Develop a report summarizing lessons learned and key recommendations of the project
- Conduct field visits and interview WDC leadership, SMOs, RM Committees
- Develop communication (thought leadership) related materials/products to be developed (at least 5 per primary outcome) report describing the effective practices and solutions due to SAQIP
- Work with communications consultant/graphic designer to finalize materials (this could include the development of infographics and other audio and visual materials)
Develop at least 5 thought leadership materials for each of the SAQIP primary outcome areas (15 in total) detailing achievements, best practices and lessons learned. Possible topics include on (but are not limited to):
- Synergizing for impact – Layering WHO safe birth checklist on Quality Improvement interventions
- Community involvement in facility level quality improvements – Leveraging communities for impact
- Knowledge to action – Accelerating and maintaining health care provider’s capacities to provide BEmONC services in primary health care system
- Restructuring of Ward Development Committees (WDC) for Efficiency and Effectiveness
- Guidelines for working with Community Structures for development and results
- Increasing utilization of MNCH services – The Mothers Group Model
- Ensure all developed materials are reviewed, approved and finalized by SAQIP team and Pact Nigeria senior management
- Final report of consultancy
- Impact and effectivenss of community score cards as related to community ownership and health system strengthening
- Transition from WORTH model to Birth Preparedness Scheme
- Effective and Efficient Approaches to Sustainable Community Development Interventions: The SAQIP Experience
- Effective Community Resource Mobilization Approaches – Lessons from SAQIP WDC Interventions in Gombe State
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 10 years of relevant professional experience (e.g. Social Sciences, International Development, Business, Development Studies) or 7 years of relevant professional experience and a master’s degree.
- Minimum 3 years of Knowledge Management experience required.
- Experience in a similar role especially on a program funded by an institutional donor and good knowledge of the North East of Nigeria, its culture will be an added advantage.
- Excellent computer skills, including developing graphics for presentation materials is essential.
- Proven mastery in capturing, analyzing, managing, retrieving and disseminating information effectively using appropriate information systems communication tools (PowerPoint, publisher etc.).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV and Cover Letter on their suitability to: email@example.com Applicants MUST indicate the position applied for on the SUBJECT of the mail (i.e Knowledge Management Consultant).
- All CV’s/Resume/Applications Must be in either Word format or PDF.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 19th February, 2019.