A leading terminal operator located in Lagos, Nigeria, that handles both container and bulk cargoes requires the services of a qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Crane Manager (Expatriate)
- This is an exciting opportunity that requires the services of a suitably qualified mechanical/electrical engineer tojoin a strong workforce.
- Ensure equipment is maintained in a safe and reliable working condition in accordance with planned preventive maintenance programme and to identify and rectify repetitive problems.
- Monitor and develop crane maintenance staff to ensure technical skills necessary for maintenance of complex plan items
- Ensure that breakdowns are attended to and rectified promptly and to make sure that followup work is undertaken as necessary
- Liaise with relevant departments for the scheduling of maintenance programme and provide feedback with a continual improvement goal.
- Ensure repair work does not affect the overall operational efficiency of the terminal.
- Oversees the administrative requirements of the crane section, including warranty obligations, inspection records, manual updates, equipment defect reports, maintenance services, policies, procedures, and practices.
- Experience with the maintenance and repair of Lieberr Harbor Cranes LHM 400,420 & 550.
- Additional experience and working knowledge of RTGs would be advantageous
- Must be hand-on and prepared to lead/work as part of a large team
- Ensures that the maintenance and or remedial works of cranes are maintained in a cost effective manner, with consideration given to quality and longer duration of maintenance free equipment
- Supervises the maintenance and repair of all the quay cranes, mobile cranes and supporting equipment (electrical, electronic and mechanical)
- Advises contractors on re-warranty claim for the failure of equipment after discussing the matter with the Managing Director
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Mechanical/ electrical engineer with proven work experience
- Must be ready to relocate and live in Lagos
- Experience working in Africa is preferred but not essential
- The candidate can either be married or single.
- Yearly bonus
- 60 days leave per annum.
- Negotiable salary
- Fully expensed housing
- Medical allowances
- Official car
- Phone & call allowances
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV & Cover Letters to: [email protected]
Application Deadline 2nd April, 2019.
Do you want to be up to date with current jobs in Nigeria? Click here to get Latest Job Alerts Daily!