Sahel Consulting Agriculture & Nutrition Limited (SCANL) is a leading management consulting firm focused on the agricultural and nutrition sectors in Africa. We partner with government agencies, private sector companies and leading international development organizations to conduct research, analyze policies, develop strategies and implement programs that promote sustainable food security and improved nutrition. We have worked on a variety of projects across West Africa, including in Benin, Burkina Faso, Ghana, Mali, Nigeria, and Senegal.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supply Chain Manager
Purpose of the role
- Be responsible for the development and communication of the supply chain in order to drive high customer service while optimizing inventory levels.
- Oversee the supply chain budget and operating performance, along with key service, quality and cost metrics and focus on continuous improvement programs.
- Provide strategic cross-functional collaboration with Sales, Operations, Quality and Customer Service to ensure team alignment and execute strategic planning initiatives.
- Be highly “process driven” and continuously improve the supply chain and manage complex customer needs
- Benchmark and work to understand similar environments in order to implement best practices to continue to transform the company into a world-class enterprise.
- Build and maintain effective partnerships with internal stakeholders including market demand partners to leverage scale that drives value in the overall business.
- Engage, lead and develop people in the business by releasing their potential. Develop ‘world class performance’ (for quality, safety, environment, service, cost & flexibility) and create opportunities for competitive advantage across the company.
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement.
- Lead the Supply Leadership Team and contribute significantly on the Executive leadership team of company to fully maximize the market opportunity for the company.
- The role will be accountable, along with the rest of the Executive Team, for delivery of the total business plans and strategic intent.
- To ensure that Supply provides the required quantities of product at the right quality, on time and in full to all its customers, safely and in an environmentally responsible way.
- To deliver all innovation and renovation effectively to plan, whilst continuing to drive down Cost through more effective procurement, logistics and distribution.
- To ensure that people are being developed to provide effective succession planning.
- Ensure that the Supply operations deliver market’s financial targets and performance ambition.
- To act as a true business partner in the development and delivery of ways of working to provide flexibility, supply solutions and the identification of opportunities and innovation.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- The successful candidate will have effectively managed logistics throughout the country
- This role will require someone who is a leader and mentor capable of building, managing and developing an outstanding performance-oriented team.
- Strong communications skills, drive, energy level, and problem-solving abilities will be critical for the success of this individual.
- The ability to work across all disciplines and throughout all levels of the organization in a persuasive and credible manner is a must.
- He/she will have the ability to work effectively with other executives in a team environment toward common goals and objectives. This includes having a track record of building a strong, collaborative working relationship with operations, as well as interacting with areas outside of supply chain such as sales, marketing, product development and finance.
- Expert in Supply Chain processes with well-honed commercial acumen and a proven background in project management and continuous improvement as well as a good understanding of packaging and planning functions.
- Minimum 7 years broad based supply chain experience.
- Leading edge understanding and thought leadership regarding the supply chain & manufacturing development.
- Degree qualified, preferably in science, engineering, supply chain or equivalent.
- This individual must have experience leading various aspects throughout the supply chain. He / She should be highly “process-driven” and understand general best practices in similar environments and have worked in a diverse, high-volume product environment.
- The right candidate will have demonstrated the ability to continuously improve a supply chain and manage complex customer needs.
Barriers to Success in Role:
- Inability to manage across the organization matrix and link back into the wider.
Global Supply community:
- Inability to connect and build positive relationships.
- Lack of understanding of the commercial and demand agenda within the business.
- Lack of cultural awareness/empathy or language skills where appropriate.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Local raw material sourcing
- Community cohesion
- Employee engagement
- Stable Labour relations
- Succession cover.
- Meeting production plans
- Product quality
- Plant availability
- Overall Equipment Efficiency / OEE
- On time in full / OTIFN
- Compliance and Controls
- Cost of good/ COGS and OPEX
- Environment and Sustainability
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: email@example.com with “Supply Chain Manager” as subject.