Breakthrough ACTION/Nigeria is a new five-year, USAID-funded project. The goal of Breakthrough ACTION/Nigeria is to increase the practice of 17 priority individual and household level behaviors and five provider targeted behaviors in the areas of malaria; maternal, newborn, child health and nutrition; family planning and reproductive health (RH); and tuberculosis, while increasing the capacity of national and sub-national entities to coordinate and oversee quality SBC programming. Implementation will vary by health area across eleven states.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Training Consultant
The Consultancy/Project Summary
- BA/N will lead the demand creation activities for malaria in 4 LGA’s (Ikwo, Onicha, Ohaozara and Onicha) across the state. To achieve this BA/N is looking for qualified consultants to train community volunteers on SBC for effective demand generation for malaria prevention and treatment.
- The consultants will equally support the documentation of best practices on malaria services uptake.The consultancy period will be for 7 billable days within the 3rd of April and 12th of April (Please note that dates are tentative). For training activities
Location of Support:
- Ikwo, Ebonyi, Ohaozara and Onicha LGA’s
- An estimated Seven (7) days between 3rd -12th of April 2019.
The details of these responsibilities are covered in the TOR as follows:
- Capacity Building:
- Facilitate a 3- day training for community volunteers in the assigned LGAs.
- Build the capacity of community volunteers to deliver key messages on Malaria prevention and treatment in assigned LGAs.
- Provide technical inputs in the planning for community volunteers training with BA Nigeria team.
- Ensure that participants demonstrate sufficient knowledge, skills and competence necessary to conduct community dialogue, compound meetings and house to house visits in their wards.
- Support the community volunteers to learn how to document on appropriate reporting tools.
- Documentation/Tracking of best practices:
- Provide a technical report of training activities conducted across the 4 LGAs
- Submit analysis of pre-test and post test results of community volunteer
- Lead in the documentation and sharing of best practices and lessons learnt during trainings across the LGA’s
- Document success stories from trainings and submit to BA-N office
- The state coordinator BA-N Ebonyi state field office and the Senior Advisor, Malaria, BA-N HQ will provide technical guidance and support during the consultancy.
- Pre-test and Post test score anablysis
- Complete information on trained personnel i.e. signed training attendance registers, and payment schedules with correct bank details.
- Weekly updates
- Photos and success stories
- Training reports from the LGA’s of training
- All reports and updates shall be in the English language and shall be submitted to the State Coordinator in MS Word and other MS Office-compatible formats.
The consultant shall submit the deliverables described above as detailed in the schedule below:
- TA Days:
- Training of Community Volunteers – 6 days
- Report writing – 1 day
- Total – 7 days of paid consultancy
- Venue of Activities
- ToT will be held at the BA-N field office Abakiliki, while the stepdown training will be done in Ebonyi, Ikwo, Ohaozara and Onicha LGAs.
- A degree in Nursing, Public Health or Social Sciences, Communications or related field
- At least 5 years of professional experience in training in health programs and family planning and reproductive health, including malaria.
- Proven experience in implementing public health program or projects in Ebonyi State.
- Experience in building capacity at the community/ward level
- Good knowledge of Nigerian public health sector and Ebonyi state in particular.
- Strong analytical, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent technical writing and oral presentation skills highly desired.
- A proving ability to work as part of a team and to be self managing.
- Ability to work as part of a team and to be self-managing.
- Ability and willingness to work within the LGA’s in Ebonyi State.
A daily consultancy fee will be paid in addition to per diem for trainings held in Onicha, Ikwo, Ohaozara only. Consultants working in Ebonyi LGA will receive transport to training venues.
Job Title: Program Officer 1 – Social & Behavior Change
- The PO-SBC will be responsible for ensuring mass and mid media plans are implemented at the state level and are integrated with community mobilization plans.
- S/he will work closely with the State Coordinator and the Program Officer, Social Mobilization (P0-SM) to ensure an integrated approach to messaging.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Liaise with broadcasters in the state to ensure broadcast compliance of BA- Nigeria spots; inform national office immediately if a broadcaster deviates from the agreed plan.
- Maintain weekly and monthly monitoring report of all BA-N spots and programmes in radio and TV stations in state.
- Work with producers/broadcasters to keep track of locally produced content
- Provide ongoing technical support to local producers/broadcasters to ensure high quality content development and delivery.
- Identify new media opportunities for BA-N in the state;
- Contribute to the media planning process by providing guidance on channel selection
- Support media pretesting activities at the state-level
- Arrange and facilitate Listening Groups in the state in coordination with the P0- SM to collect feedback from target audiences on media programmes and report back to the national office.
- Coordinate mass and mid media activities with community mobilization activities through the P0-SM to ensure alignment where appropriate
- Provide support to programmatic research processes such as Human Centered Design and Behavior Economics at the state level.
- Represent Breakthrough ACTION at ACSM Subcommittee meetings and similar partner forums as required.
- Other duties as identified by supervisor.
- This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Minimum of an HND/Bachelor’s degree in Arts, Social Sciences or Health Sciences.
- 2 -4 year’s experience working with donor-funded projects related to radio/TV production
- Working Knowledge of MS Office Packages and database software and applications
- Well-organized, with ability to track multiple activities and deadlines
- Ability to work successfully in a cross-cultural, team-based environment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV in word or PDF format to: email@example.com Indicate the title of the consultancy along with the job location in the subject corner of the email application. Example: ‘Training Consultant Ebonyi’.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Candidates that do not comply with application instruction will be disqualified.
Application Deadline: 26th March, 2019.