Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development (ACTED) – Since 1993, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential. ACTED, headquartered in Paris, France is present in four continents and our teams intervene in 34 countries towards 8 million people, responding to emergency situations, supporting rehabilitation projects and accompanying the dynamics of development. Over 5,000 staff are dedicated to implementing and developing our projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Scope Officer
Location: Monguno, Borno
About the Job
- Working under the Team Leader-Food Distribution and receiving technical support from the Technical Manager – Food Distribution, the Scope Registration Officer will oversee the implementation of the WFP funded Scope Registration Project in all the LGA ACTED Is working in Borno
- The scope registration Officer Will liais closely with the Scope Project staff in all the Location to ensure smooth registration of Beneficiaries and insurance of Scope card
- Scope Registration Officer Will be the overall supervisor of the Scope registration team and will be responsible for fields management, coordination and regular monitoring of the project in all the areas of operation.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Program Management, Development, Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Supervise the Scope Registration Team and provide appropriate guidance and oversight as they conduct daily field activities in respect of WFP procedure and requirements.
- Insure the compliance with WFP and ACTED process and requirements.
- Plan and follow the activities of the Scope project such as registration and distribution of Scope cards.
- Ensure comprehensive project cycle management, with overall supervision of daily activities. Ensure that M&E plan is established and implemented in liaison with AMEU officer.
- Supervise and train Scope project staff on Scope online/offline system focusing on efficient planning, coordination, and implementation and monitoring of the project activities.
- Participate actively in the monitoring of the project in collaboration with the AMEU Officer with a specific attention on the efficiency of the WFP biometric registration system.
- Collaborate with related ACTED departments and other implementing partners to identify opportunities for integrated programming, promoting best practices and developing shared policy approaches.
- Prepare and submit all Scope project internal and external donor reports.
Training & Capacity Development:
- Through direct technical assistance provision, build the capacity of programe staffs (registrars); identify staff development needs and design/suggest appropriate staff development approaches.
- Provide ongoing technical support and mentorship for the unit staff to develop professional and technical competency.
- Provide technical feedback on daily, weekly and monthly registration reports received from Scope project unit, ensuring that established programme targets and objectives are being met.
Coordination & Partnership:
- Represent ACTED in the relation with WFP SCOPE unit.
- Liaise closely with WFP Maiduguri Office regarding to Scope project implementation.
- Meet with partners and donor agencies during field visits.
- Provide the necessary tools for a fair and transparent beneficiary selection.
- Manage all IT and site material, logistic and fleet issue in coordination with ACTED relevant departments to insure WFP/ACTED standard on registration sites.
- Support the Project Manager to utilize financial planning tools, such as spending plans, procurement plans, and work plans based on activities and budgets.
- Draft scope budget when and if necessary/requested.
- Promote a positive profile of the programme and good understanding among other sectors, partners and communities about the Scope project.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with all stakeholders – WFP, Community support groups, community leaders, RSD, UNHCR, NGOs, to enhance multi-agency and multi-sectoral cooperation and coordination.
- Liaise with formal and informal local authorities to insure communication and transparency of the SCOPE registration process.
- Manages all scope project teams directly.
- Participate in the recruitment and mentorship of Scope Project staff
- Provide leadership and support to ensure staff well-being, i.e. monitor and manage stress management by providing regular opportunities for staff debriefing to address secondary trauma.
- Maximise all SCOPE process security, in liaison with the security officer, for both staffs and beneficiaries. Report all security incidents or relevant information to the PM and Security officer.
- Hold regular meetings with Scope team to plan and address any concerns and share feedback
- Monitor and provide objective feedback related to staff performance including staff objective setting, completing staff performance evaluations to promote growth and professional development
- All employees should master ACTED’s core Principles: Independence, Neutrality, Non-discrimination, free and direct access to victims, Ethics, Professionalism, anti-Corruption, Transparency and Accountability
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- Minimum of one year working in humanitarian responses
- Strong technical writing skills
- Experience collecting information using hand-held GPS devices
- Bachelor’s Degree with a strong focus on both quantitative and qualitative Field methodologies preferred
- Strong skills with the Microsoft Office Suite,
- Previous working experience with humanitarian agencies
- Experience hiring and managing casual laborers
- Experience conducting focus group discussions, or the ability to learn rapidly
- Experience working with displaced populations
- Contract length: 3 months
- Level: D2-1 (national contract)
- Start Date: As soon as possible Desirable.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Due to the large numbers of expected applicants, only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. We apologise for the inconvenience
Application Deadline 29th April, 2019.