SABMiller is in the beer and soft drinks business, bringing refreshment and sociability to millions of people all over the world who enjoy our drinks. We do business in a way that improves livelihoods and helps build communities. We are passionate about brewing and have a long tradition of craftsmanship, making superb beer from high quality natural ingredients.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Brewery Microbiologist and Food Safety Specialist
Reference Number: SAB-522
Location: Ilesa, Osun
Work Level: Senior
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage interactions with external suppliers (cleaning contractors) and internal stakeholders (Brewing, Packaging, Engineering, etc.) in relation to implementing and optimizing hygiene standards and work practices to prevent microbiological contamination within the brewery.
- Apply problem solving and decision making techniques and practices and facilitate team problem solving. E.g. Lead the Hygiene Steering Committee comprising of team leaders and department heads to assess and analyse hygiene practices and identify alternatives for resolution.
- Apply a holistic understanding of Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) practices critical to Brewing and Packaging processes to prevent microbiological infections.
- Apply appropriate reporting to ensure brewery personnel (including operators and heads of department) are aware of microbiological performance in the brewery.
- Revise and develop best operating practice standards and procedures to improve microbiological compliance within brewery.
- Liaise with functions such as safety to assess possible alignment of operating practices that are both safe and hygienic.
- Conduct audits and surveys to identify opportunities for improvement in work practices and support gap closure.
- Conduct training and assessments in the workplace to improve overall compliance to microbiological standards and work practices.
- Audit microbiological laboratory to ensure compliance to hub and global microbiological methodology and frequencies.
- Identify opportunities for improvement in technology through the implementation and tracking of QA campus projects that could result in improvement of microbiological compliance.
- Provide leadership and technical expertise to optimize microbiological work practices through problem solving,
- Best Operating Practice (BOP), SPP (Supplier Partnering Program) interaction involves managing a formalised system with which to engage with supplier to enhance hygiene performance in brewery.
- Governance for Hygiene will also be a key responsibility for this individual Supplier Partnering Program (SPP) “
Qualifications, Experience and skills required:
- HND /B.Sc in Microbiology, or related discipline
- 3-5 Years in Laboratory, Brewing or Packaging operation
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft office applications i.e. (Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
Key competencies and attributes:
- Good auditing skills Information systems knowledge.
- Analytical ability.
- Communication skills (verbal and written).
- Problem Solving ability Ability to work in teams”
- Good knowledge of Food Safety and Micro Laboratory Systems, processes and analyses Experience in the application of problem solving techniques and statistics.
- Good understanding of HACCP, GMP standards and CIP requirements
- Proven knowledge and experience in integrating and facilitating a multidisciplinary group of skills, specialists and functions
- Good verbal and written communication skills
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply