Hobark International Limited (HIL) is the parent company of the Hobark group operating in the oil and gas industry. The company was incorporated in 1998, starting as a staffing agency based in Port Harcourt. Currently we have offices in 4 countries with our head office in Lagos.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Site Lifting Specialist
Location: Offshore, Nigeria
Job Type: Contract
- Develop a rigging loft procedure and ensure that the rigging loft is properly and adequately controlled
- Work in conjunction with the contractors lifting team on site to ensure that lifting equipment and lifting standards are respected in the day to day operations.
- Review Lifting Operations Plans for all critical lifting or handling operations on Site
- Participate in JSA of critical lifts and attends all critical lifting operations
- Provides expertise in day to day handling and lifting activities on site, which include: categorizing lifts, hazard identifications and risk assessment, technical review (lifting procedures and organizations),
- Assists the CPLO during assessment of personnel competence to carry out lifting of handling operations.
- Ensure that tool box talk is performed by all personnel at the beginning of each lifting operations.
- Performs technical inspection and evaluation of cranes and selects lifting equipment proposed for use on sites
- Prepare generic lift plans and carry out its periodic reviews.
- Develops a Site lifting and handling procedures / instructions and ensure its periodic review.
- Coach and mentor personnel involved in lifting and handling operations (crane operators & riggers, etc.) on site.
- Continually liaise with the CPLO to ensure that lifting and handling standards within CLIENT are consistently respected in sites.
- Ensures that all applicable Company Rules and CLIENT Lifting Procedures (Lifting Management System) regarding handling & lifting operations are well understood and applied by all personnel involved in lifting operations.
- Advices on issues pertaining to lifting and handling operations,
- Constantly liaise with Contract Site Rep in order to ensure that their lifting equipment and operations are in congruence with CLIENT lifting and handling procedure
- Carry out periodic lifting audits in all supply vessels under contract with CLIENT
- Carryout a yearly assessments of all dedicated lifting equipment’s in Project and justify their capacity utilization
- Ability to prepare or review lifting engineering calculations and risk assessments.
- Good knowledge of English.
- Technical Engineering degree
- 3 years verifiable experience in lifting and handling operations
- Possession of LEEA/NSL OR OPITO Accredited Training on Rigging and Lifting
- Demonstrate sufficient knowledge of all types of lifting equipments and operations within affiliate.
- Rigging & Lifting, Lifting Procedures, Lifting Audits.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply