Greenlight Planet is a social, for-profit business that designs, distributes, and finances solar-powered home energy products, with an underserved population in mind: the 1.3 billion global consumers for whom the old-fashioned electrical grid is either unavailable or too expensive.
Over a decade in business, the company is now a leading global brand in emerging markets across Asia and Sub-Saharan Africa. Greenlight’s Sun King™ products provide modern light and energy to 30 million people in more than 60 countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operations Intern
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full-time
- The intern will support the Operations teams assisting in efficient and effective delivery of procurement services and efficient inventory management.
- Creating and maintaining reports reflecting recurring purchases as well as the prices
- Keeping abreast of changes in the market that could affect pricing of goods and services. This should be well documented and communicated to internal stake holders.
- Collecting invoice from vendor after confirming all goods or services have been delivered to meet quality expectations or Service Level Agreement (SLA)
- Processing vendor payment with finance
- Creating Request for Quotation (RFQ) templates, sending out the RFQs to vendors/suppliers to get prices
- Searching and engaging new suppliers and qualifying them using GLP approved requirements
- Using price comparison and other qualitative factors such as delivery times and quality to select winning suppliers, to ensure GLP is getting the best price for the best quality goods at the right time.
- Issuing Purchase Orders (PO) for products and services to selected vendors
The ideal Operations Intern:
- Has effective communication and negotiation skills
- Possesses intuitive skills; knows when to initiate a backup supplier
- Is able to make quick and objective decisions
- Has excellent computer skills: Excel, Word e.t.c.
Greenlight Planet offers a competitive salary, a fun, supportive work environment and opportunities for continued professional growth within a fast-growing global enterprise.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Greenlight Planet believes in equal opportunity for all people, everywhere. It is the reason we exist! So, regardless of your race, color, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, HIV/AIDS status, disability or any other protected characteristic as established by law, we will accept your application and make a decision based on your suitability for the position.