Bridge International Academies is the world’s largest and fastest-growing chain of primary and pre-primary schools with more than 400 academies and 120,000 pupils in Kenya and Uganda. We democratize the right to succeed by giving families living in poverty access to the high-quality education that will allow their children to live a very different life.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Warehouse Supervisor, Supply Chain
Supply Chain/Warehouse Operations
- Supply Chain is at the forefront of building an incredibly lean organisation. Charged to ensure we are getting the best pricing, that our goods are transported efficiently and cleanly, and that our warehousing activities are highly organised and architected for growth and rapid change.
What You Will Do
- Warehouse operations management: Oversight of the entire warehouse operation. Oversight of all receipts and dispatches to all user departments
- Cost Management: Overall responsibility of the efficient management of costs associated with the warehouse. The Warehouse Supervisor is required to ensure that we are utilizing the warehouse space as efficiently as possible at all times and that all costs related to the operation (utilities, administrative items, consumables) are efficiently used to reduce costs. Additionally, the Warehouse Supervisor is required to continuously evaluate the productivity of every team member in the warehouse to ensure that we keep our labor costs under control.
- Quality assurance: The Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for the quality of all items that are dispatched to the user departments and is to ensure that the items meet the specs provided by the user in quantity as well as in quality.
- Supervision and mentorship of staff: The Warehouse Supervisor must provide leadership to the team by 1) ensuring that every staff member has a detailed job description 2) managing leaves in liaison with HR 3)compiling bonuses and overtime claims 4)handling all disciplinary issues and corrective measures in liaison with HR. The Warehouse Supervisor will also provide mentorship to the staff by 1) organizing relevant trainings for the staff 2) Continually measuring staff performance against set goals and KPIs and 3) developing the staff in line with their capabilities and interests and the goals of the organization
- Stock management: The Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for the efficient management of warehouse stock by ensuring that all physical stock balances match the stock balances reflected in the ERP. All variances in the stock balances should be investigated and reported to finance for correction.
- Process: Responsible for the formulation of all Standard Operating Procedures to be followed in the warehouse. The Warehouse Supervisor is also responsible for training the supervisory staff in the SOPs so that they can in turn train all the warehouse staff. Ensure that all Navision is continually updated to reflect the true picture of the warehouse operations at all times
- Reporting: Providing consistent daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports on the warehouse operations to the Supply Chain Manager and all other interested parties
- Overall Custody of all Warehouse Assets: The Warehouse Supervisor is to ensure that all safety and security procedures are in place and that all the relevant staff are trained on the same to prevent damage, loss or injury. The Warehouse Supervisor should also ensure that the warehouse is always in compliance with all regulatory and legal requirements.
- Strong leadership ability
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Acute attention to details
- Problem solving skills
- Planning and organization skills
- Ability to analyse and interpret data and adequately communicate and present the findings to senior management
- Decision making and judgement skills
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible to changing priorities.
- High level of integrity and ethical behaviour
What You Should Have:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in full lifecycle procurement management preferably for a large fast growing service or trading organization with multiple procurement requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Professional qualifications in purchasing and supplies management (Preferred)
- An expert level of knowledge in Supply chain management including, but not limited to warehouse management, logistics management and procurement
- Ability to quickly learn and improve systems
- Technical competence in MS Office
- Experience working with an ERP (Experience working with NAVISION will be an added advantage)
You Are Also
- A detailed doer – You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a start-up or other rapid-growth company.
- A malleable learner – You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.
- A data-driven decision-maker – When making decisions, you don’t rely your intuition alone. You collect data, you analyze it and make decisions with clear justifications.
- A curious investigator – You ask why a lot. You don’t just take what you see and accept it. You wonder why it is that way, and are aware that the world we see is created by human choices and actions – and it could be different. You wonder, and see the world as wonderful even when you want to change a part of it that is unjust.
- A creative problem-solver – Growing any business from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, Bridge works in often fragile, sometimes volatile low-resource communities and with complex government systems. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand.
- A relentless advocate – The children we serve and teachers we empower never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). You would never shrink back from shaking a parent’s hand or picking up a crying child, no matter what the person was wearing or looked like. Every decision you make considers their benefit, experience, and value.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline: 30th April, 2019.