Stresert Services Limited is a professional services organisation that offers quality stress-free solutions to corporate organisations. We offer business support and integrated solutions in different areas that ensure business objectives are achieved.
Critically, we evaluate issues as they impact your business, and consequently deploy the appropriate skills and competencies to proffer the needed solutions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Associate (Finance/Capital Market)
Job ref: CO1-AFCM
Department: Corporate & Commercial
Supervisor: Senior Associate/Managing Partner
- Actively engaged and assisting in providing Corporate & Commercial advisory services including negotiation and contract management, client management etc.
- The practice focus will be Capital Markets; Intellectual Property; Start Ups and Technology law.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing the Firms ‘Intellectual Property portfolio and liaising with relevant IP Agents at the various Registries to ensure regular status reports on clients IPR’s are effectively monitored and clients kept informed.
- Thorough knowledge and experience of engineering and technology contracts, and other related agreements such as licenses, NDAs, SLAs and collaboration agreements.
- Demonstrable negotiation skills and utilizing technical/ business and legal information with the ability to achieve the desired outcome.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective client relationships whilst managing multiple stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills to ensure harmonious working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensures billing responsibilities are discharged properly and in a timely manner.
- Provide mentorship to juniors and work as a team with other Associates.
- Fulfill other responsibilities as delegated or assigned by the Senior Associate/ Managing Partner.
- Meet with clients and cultivate a strong client / lawyer relationship.
- Understand and interpret Capital Market Rules, Codes and Regulations. Proffer advice on Project and Asset finance transactions as well as Capital Market transactions.
- Draft, review, negotiate and interpret complex commercial agreements in support of a broad spectrum of business initiatives under the supervision of Senior Associate(s) and/or the Managing Partner.
- Actively engage in transactional, joint venture and M&A due diligence reviews, document preparation and negotiations, ensuring compliance with applicable national and international laws and regulations.
- Proffer legal opinions and draft agreements with minimal supervision, draft and review Finance and security documentation.
Qualifications & Other Attributes
- General corporate law practice experience with a focus on banking and finance practice and Capital market for at least 1 – 2 years.
- Knowledgeable in Capital markets, Mergers & Acquisition, Banking and Finance.
- A level of interpersonal skills sufficient to enable the post holder to establish and maintain credibility and effective working relationships, with senior contacts both internal and external.
- Highly focused commercial approach to business in addition to legal flair.
- Good eye for detail and effective time-management and time management.
- The ability to keep abreast of professional, legal, technological and working practice changes and to impart such knowledge as necessary.
- LL.B/BL (LLM is an advantage but not required).
- Minimum of 5 – 8 years post qualification active experience in corporate commercial engagements, capable of drafting and negotiating complex commercial agreements.
- Very attractive salary
- Other benefits include 13th Month salary, Health Insurance + Dependents, Mobile Phone & Allowance, Leave Allowance & Performance Bonus.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using “CO1-AFCM” as the subject of application.
Application Deadline 2nd May, 2019.
Note: Candidates who meet the requirements will be invited for interviews.
Do you want to be up to date with current jobs in Nigeria? Click here to get Latest Job Alerts Daily!