The National Space Research and Development Agency (NASRDA) is one of the Research and Development Institutions under the Federal Ministry of Science and Technology. The Agency was established in May 1999 with a broad objective to pursue the development and application of Space Science and Technology for the socio-economic benefits of the Nation.
The main thrust of the Agency’s activities is geared towards making space science and technology applications an integral part of the overall strategies for sustainable national development.
The National Space Research and Development Agency, on behalf of National Space Council, in accordance with NASRDA Act 201 , invites suitably qualified candidates with sound academic and administrative prowess in the management of a High Tech Research Institution for the position of:
Job Title: Director General/Chief Executive
The Agency Mandate
The mandates of the Agency as contained in the NASRDA Act 2010 are as follows:
- Promote the co-ordination of space application programmes. for the purpose of optimizing resources and develop space technologies of direct relevance to national objectives;
- Develop national strategies for the exploitation of the outer space and make these part of the overall national development strategies for promoting private sector participation in the space industry.
- Encourage capacity building in space science technology development & management, thereby strengthening human resources development required for the implementation ofthe national space programmes.
- Develop satellite technology for various applications and operationalize indigenous space systems for providing space services and shall be the government agency charged with the responsibility for building and launching satellites;
- Enhance the development and entrenchment of research, development and production tradition in the Agency, so as to achieve a high output and make the desired impact on national economic and social development;
Eligibility of Applicants
- Have had extensive relevant research experience as evidenced by at least twenty-five (25) scientific publications in reputable local and International journals and books;
- Possess basic computer literacy and be proficient in Information and Communication Technology ([CT)
- Have considerable administrative experience in Research Institute/Academia; and
- Have ability to attract external funds/grants to the Agency.
- Applicants for the post of the Director-General/Chief Executive Officer must have been a Director in a Research Institute or its equivalent and Possess at least a Ph.D. in a discipline relevant to the research mandate of the Agency;
- Have obtained first degree in relevant field (Sciences and Engineering)
- Have cognate experience of fifteen (15) years in a Space Science and Technology Institutions.
- Applicants, who would have attained 60 years of age by 31St December, 2019 need not apply
Terms and Conditions of Service
The tenure of the Director-General/Chief Executive Officer shall be fora period ofFive (5) years. Conditions of service are as provided for Political, Public and Judicial Office Holders (Salaries and Allowances, etc (Amendment) Act, 2008 and as applied to Federal Government Research Institutes.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit soft copy (Borne on a rewritable CD) and fifteen (15) hard copies of their Application; Curriculum Vitae accompanied with photocopies of credentials giving the following information:
- Full names, Date and Place of Birth, LGA, State of Origin, Gender, Marital Status, Contact Address.
- Institutions attended with Dates, Qualifications obtained with Dates. Membership of Professional Bodies, Prizes, Distinction(s) and Award(s) obtained.
- Present Employer, Position and Salary, Previous Positions held with Dates.
- List of Publications (Starting from the most recent) in Scientific Journals and Books with copies attached.
Leisure and Spare Time Activities/Hobbies
Each application should include names and addresses of three referees (not relatives) who shall be able to testify to the applicant’s academic/professional competence as well as conduct and character and be ready to send their report (s) directly to of the “Office of the Honourable Minister of Federal Ministry of Science and Technology”, in a properly sealed envelope marked “Post of Director-General/Chief Executive Referee’s Report” at the top left hand corner of the envelope within the valid period of submitting applications mentioned above.
All applications should be forwarded to:
Office of the Honourable Minister of Science and Technology,
Federal Secretariat Complex,
Block D, 4th Floor,
Phase II, Shehu Shagari Way,
Application Deadline 20th June, 2019.
Note: Any other relevant information in support of application. Only shortlisted applicants will be invited for interview.