Citizen Journalists Network – CJN is a non-governmental humanitarian community of regular citizens investigating practical solutions to solve real problems for real people. We are Nigeria’s foremost and largest community of ordinary citizens sharing real-life events on-the-spot. CJN follows community reports and stories shared by ordinary citizens that can lead to development of their local communities and social welfare intervention for real people.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Programs and Operation
- A key member of the Management Team; the Head of Programs’ primary responsibility includes the strategic development and management of CJN’s programs.
- She supports CJN’s impact locally, regionally, and globally through ensuring program alignment to the key strategic objectives and program standards. She provides oversight for all program budgets and expenditure. The HOP coordinates daily schedules, projects and special in collaboration with other team members.
Role Description: Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Tracking, reviewing the task update of employees every week.
- Maintain cordial Community Relations
- Liaise with Government Regulatory Authorities
- Prepare HR and Operations monthly report for Management decision making
- Coordinates performance Appraisal and Performance Management
- Responsible for Project Management.
- Time office Management by tracking of Staff punctuality
- Plan, develop, strategies, coordinate and execute publicity designs and activities to establish and maintain brand presence.
- Plan and Oversee daily operations of the team and individual work schedule.
- Establish policies and develop actionable strategies and plans that ensure alignment with short-term and long-term objectives that promote CJN’s culture and vision
- Write and submit reports to the President in all matters of importance
- Manage financial plans and budgets as well as controlling expenditure.
- Deal with community and public queries, complaints and comments
- Maintain and build trusted relationships with team members, communities, partners, sponsors and stakeholders
- Supervising, Reporting and providing consultation to Management on strategic staffing plans, compensation, benefits, training and development, budget and community relations.
- 0% tolerance for mediocre
- 100% ability to work independently without supervision and deliver on goals
- Natural Relationship building ability.
- High impact influencing, negotiation and persuasive skills.
- Ability to motivate others, delegation, and timely/quality decision making.
- Ability to withstand pressure, manage conflicts and resolve problems effectively.
- Very good presentation, mentoring and facilitation skills
- Degree in International Relations/Development Studies, Public Administration, Media/Communications, Project Management, Humanitarian or a related field.
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Mid-level
- Experience Length: 5 years
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience of Social Development programs, Advocacy/campaigning and Humanitarian programs.
- Experience in representing an organization with partners, government agencies, private sector organizations, legal advisors and donors: locally, regionally and globally.
- Leadership experience of diverse teams operating within an organisation; has knowledge and experience of using coaching and team working to deliver on goals.
Professional Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to make sound judgment in uncertain and pressurized situations.
- Ability to anticipate and manage risks that could threaten the organizations reputation, operational viability and security.
- Proficient in the use of Ms Word, Ms Excel, and PowerPoint for proposals, reporting and presentations.
- Strong, strategic, analytical and conceptual thinking skills; able to understand complex issues and translate them into simple, workable actions and plans.
- Strong people management organizational and leadership capacities.
- Ability to coach on the building of strong, credible relationships with local and international NGOs, government associations, business leaders and communities
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees and the general public.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org Using the “Job Title” as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 20th June, 2019.