Babban Gona is a high-impact, financially sustainable and highly scalable agricultural social enterprise that is part-owned by the farmers we serve. In recognition of the impact it has achieved thus far, it is the first for-profit social enterprise in history and the first Nigerian organisation to receive the prestigious Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship. The Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship is considered the equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize in the Social Entrepreneurship industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Developer – Enterprise Systems Engineering
Report: Head, Enterprise Systems Engineering
Suggested start date: Immediately
- Works closely with end-users to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction
- Works on bug fixes and improving application performance
- Participates in the evolution of company level best practices, standards, and policies
- Plans, designs, develops, tests, and maintains enterprise-level desktop-, web- and mobile-based applications
- Designs solutions attending to both business and technical considerations
- Analyses user requirements, envisions system features and functionality
- Collaborates with product owners, team leads and other software developers
Qualifications and Experience
- Ability to build Microsoft Access data applications while using VBA and Macros
- Familiarity with build tools
- Familiarity with web markup, including HTML5 and CSS3 as well as design frameworks
- Basic understanding of using data to drive decisions and data visualization
- Understanding of the differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile versus desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Unit test and debugging skills
- Understanding of code versioning tools (Git) is a plus
- Fluent in English
- Proof of already developed applications on multiple platforms will be an added advantage.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a reputable university in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems Technology or any other related field
- 2 – 4 years of experience in Software Development or an equivalent of education and experience
- Basic knowledge of software development life cycle (analysis, design, implementation, testing, and documentation) and execution models (Agile, Iterative Development, etc.)
- Ability to develop Android apps using any framework desired
- Understanding of databases, with proficiency in SQL
Compensation & Benefits
- Compensation and benefits are negotiable, based on the candidate’s prior experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover letter to: email@example.com using “Developer, Enterprise Systems Engineering” as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 19th July, 2019.