Vagan Oil & Gas Limited is a Nigerian Private Limited liability Company registered under the Companies Acts of 1990, In line with the policies of the Nigerian service provision. The company core area of operation is to provide a broad spectrum of services ranging from Engineering, Pipeline & Flowline Construction / Repairs, Facility piping and maintenance, Wellhead & Christmas tree maintenance and servicing, Composite wrap technology, Equipment & Offshore/Marine Supplies etc
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: System Engineer/Database Administrator (DBA)
Location: Any City, Nigeria
- The Database Administrator (DBA) is the last port of call for all things database related
- The DBA’s primarily role is to ensure that SEPCiN’s databases are operated in a secure, reliable, efficient & cost-effective manner.
Specifically, the DBA is:
- Carry out periodic capacity planning to ensure optimal performanceWorking hours are usually 40 hours a week, Monday to Friday, and may include unsocial hours
- DBAs may be required to work overnight and on weekends (during periods of low usage) when maintenance and development work needs to be undertaken
- DBAs may also have to be on call at times, responding if a critical problem occurs.
- Responsible for monitoring the performance, integrity, security & disaster recovery of existing databases in SEPCiN
- Involved in the planning, modelling, design and development of new databases
- Troubleshooting & Fixing database issues in line with ITIL principles (using Service Now)
- Ensure databases are regularly patched & upgraded to approved TOE (Target Operating Environment)
- Ensure database access permissions and privileges are controlled (in line with least priviledge principles)
- Assist application developers in designing nomalised & optimised databases
- Develop, Manage and Test back-up and recovery plans
- B.Sc./B.Eng. in a Physical Sciences discipline (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, etc). Master’s/PhD is an added advantage
- Ag: 40 years
- 10+ years of DBA experience
- Mastery at Management Studio
- Skilled at Linux/Windows/Scripting
- Knowledge of ITIL v3/v4IT.
- Mastery at Oracle Database 11g/12c
- Mastery at Microsoft SQL Server 2014/2016
- Skilled at Oracle RMAN
- Skilled at Oracle Enterprise Manager
- Oracle 11g/12c Certified Professional (OCP)
- Advanced PL/SQL
- Querying Microsoft SQL Server
- Querying Data with Transact-SQL
- Microsoft SQL Server Certification
- Administering Microsoft SQL Server Databases.
Technical Skills (Added advantage):
- Ability to use Database client tools like TOAD, PL/SQL Developer, SQL Developer, etc.
- Ability to use Operating system Client tools like Putty, FSecure, WinSCP, etc
- Grasp of Database High Availability & Disaster Recovery configurations
- Experience with Database Troubleshooting and Performance Tuning
- Microsoft Office suite.
Soft Skills Required:
- Problem-solving and good analytical skills
- Communication & teamworking
- Familiarity with the main data manipulation languages and the principles of database design
- The ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure
- Good organisational skills
- Flexibility and adaptability
- The ability to create and maintain cordial working relationships with colleagues and customers
- A willingness to keep up to date with developments in new technology
- A commitment to continuing professional development (CPD)
- An understanding of information legislation, such as Data Privacy, etc.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 25th August, 2019.