INTERSOS is an independent, no-profit organization which, through its own humanitarian operators, intervenes to effectively answer the needs of people in serious crises situations, mainly in the world’s poorest regions, who are suffering, deprived of rights, dignity and essentials goods. It maintains a flexible operating structure. The head office in Italy coordinates, supports and monitors the planned activities in the countries of intervention carried out by decentralised offices. The statutory bodies of INTERSOS, are: the Members Assembly, the Council, the Society for Auditing and Certification of Accounts.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Officer
Location: Based in Maiduguri with regular visits to all our field location in Nigeria
Reporting to: Project Manager
General Purpose of the Position
- Under the supervision of the Project Manager, the project officer will provide professional technical advice on project design, planning, administration, monitoring and evaluation of the project activities, data analysis and progress reporting, and enhancing teamwork and capacity building in order to ensure the delivery of quality aid to beneficiaries and their communities.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of B.Sc/HND in Project Management, Engineering, Economics or related field from a recognized higher institution
- A Certifications in Project management is desirable.
- Minimum 3 years project management experience in multinational working environment
- Minimum 2 year experience with recognized INGO
- Knowledge of Project Cycle Management
- Understands work from a process point of view and uses measurement and accountability systems effectively.
- Demonstrates openness and transparency
- Knowledge of NGO and Humanitarian industry
- Experience in networking and coordination with NGOs, UN and authorities
- Computer literacy (MS Excel, MS Word)
- Good organizational skillsAbility and willingness to travel between across locations of implementation within LGA
- Cultural sensitivity and adaptability
- Strong communication skills with ability to express ideas and concepts clearly and persuasively with senior members of the humanitarian community as well as with field practitioners.
- Excellent networking skills.
- High degree of negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Ability to work with a reasonable level of comfort in high tension and high security risk situations.
- Ability to maintain performance expectations in diverse cultural contexts, psychologically stressful environments and physical hardships.
- In coordination with the project manager, prepares, manages and regularly updates the project activities work plan, ensuring timely and quality implementation in compliance with the defined project strategy as well as INTERSOS and donor guidelines.
- Attends regular meetings with team leads / field staff to discuss programme progress, take corrective measures as required and develop action plans.
- Actively participates along-with other project leads in coordination meetings, if requested
- Participates in the development of relevant activities, including monitoring, assessment
- Supervises field activities and movements of staff
- Supervises the payment of volunteers and other support staff
- Supports the PM during the recruitment process
- Monitors the fields staff pending aging and liaises with them to close the pending in accordance to the specified maximum aging in INTERSOS Control Model
- Collects and checks field financial documents (invoices, receipts, attendance sheets, etc) and supply them to Maiduguri finance office.
- Provides support to MEAL team as they conduct assessments of community needs, by providing input into the assessment, arranging the logistics of the visit, and analysing the assessment results
- Provides input in development of intervention strategies and budgets taking in consideration community needs, cultural and environmental appropriateness, and feasibility.
- Contributes in weekly, monthly, and quarterly narrative reports on field interventions
Deadline: 2nd October, 2019; (Time – 4:00PM)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Candidate should complete the Application Form above and attach their CV with the following format “Surname_Position you applied for”.
- Only applicants whose competencies meet the requirement of the position will be contacted.
- Please note that INTERSOS do not ask for any form of payment at any stage of recruitment.