Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
The French Section of Médecins Sans Frontières is recruiting for its project in Port Harcourt in the position below:
Job Title: Project Coordinator – Support
Location: MSF OCA, Benue Project – Makurdi and Ugba bases
Job Type: Indefinite Period
Main Objective and Responsibility of the Position
- Support the Water, Hygiene and Sanitation (WatSan) Manager in the implementation and supervision of WatSan activities, including tools and materials employed according to MSF protocols, in order to improve health and living conditions of the target population.
Description of the Responsibilities/Activities
- Is responsible for the day-to-day implementation and administration of assigned WatSan activities at project level, including but not limited to, water supply, excreta disposal, waste management, vector control, and dead bodies management.
- Ensures that the MSF procedures and protocols are followed by the WatSan teams to guarantee the operational quality of the project;
- Ensures the maintenance and repair of technical equipment in the project to guarantee an adequate running of WatSan activities;
- Is responsible for the distribution of the materials and tools used in water treatment, hygiene and sanitation (e.g. physical organization and inventory of stocks, receiving and processing orders for water, sanitation and hygiene material, check that the amounts received are recorded, and check monthly consumptions, etc.);
- Plans and supervises the HR processes (recruitment, training, performance evaluation, tasks definition and internal and external communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required for the activity.
- Participates in data collection and reporting as required.
- Day to day management of labourers constructing latrines, showers and other similar simple infrastructure.
- Assisting WatSan manager with quality control of WatSan processes (e.g checking latrine cleanliness, routinely measuring chlorine level of drinking water, etc).
- Providing basic day-to-day support to more junior staff on areas of competency and referring other arising issues to WatSan manager.
- Supports the WatSan Manager in ensuring an appropriate emergency preparedness and response capacity (physical verification of stocks, contacts, transport means, staff training). Ensures appropriate assistance to the project response team and if required, participates in emergency activities or exploratory visits.
- Support the WatSan Manager in the team planning (e.g. staff rosters and admin, HR processes, etc.) and informs and involves the WatSan Manager in case of any major management or technical issue, and provide all required reporting.
- Education: Technical Diploma, desirable specialization in water and sanitation
- Experience: Previous experience in technical works and organising of multiple activities, preferably within MSF or similar work environment.
- Languages: Fluent English (verbal / written) essential; Tiv, Idoma or Igede desirable
- Results and Quality Orientation L2
- Team work and Cooperation L2
- Behavioural Flexibility L2
- Commitment to MSF Principles L2
- Stress Management L3
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Application Letter, latest Curriculum Vitae (CV) and photocopies of all necessary credentials with telephone contact details (daytime) in an envelope (specify on the envelope – Application for the post of WATSAN Supervisor) to the address below:
Human Resources Coordinator,
Médecins sans Frontieres – Holland,
15, Padre Pio Street,
Judges Quarters, Makurdi ,
To: Any of MSF OCA offices in Abuja, Sokoto and Zamfara states
Application Deadline 27th September, 2019.