The Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) is a multilateral development bank (MDB) which funds its projects and other developmental activities using Islamic finance. Hence, the name “Islamic”. Founded in 1975, the IsDB is headquartered in Jeddah, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The purpose of the Bank is to foster economic development and social progress of its member countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Management Specialist
Job ID: IDB2345
Location: Regional Hub of Abuja, Nigeria
Business Unit: Country Programs Complex
Department: Country relations and services Africa & Latin America
- Conduct bank’s technical-assistance operations due-diligence and design, conduct day-to-day technical-assistance operations management activities, and conduct day-to-day development-project operations management activities under the guidance of Project Team within approved costs, timeliness and quality, to ensure efficient execution of the bank’s mandate to support economic development in the associated member and non-member countries.
- Responsible for day-to-day communication, monitoring, and implementation support to the project management units and executing agencies; supervision of project contract management and financial management; preparation of implementation reports to the bank management, and proactive mitigation of project implementation issues.
- In addition, provide support in: project preparation and appraisal, portfolio quality review, procurement review, and disbursement processes. Contribute to knowledge management agenda by identifying lessons learned from the projects.
Key Accountabilities (not exhaustive list)
- Provide support to the Project Team Leader in the execution of project preparation and appraisal to ensure comprehensive due diligence of the technical, financial, procurement, institutional, economic, social, and environmental aspects of project proposals in line with the operations manual and applicable policies/procedures of the bank.
- Lead technical-assistance operations design and preparation exercise, to ensure comprehensive due diligence of the technical, financial, procurement, institutional, economic, social, and environmental aspects in line with the operations manual and applicable policies/procedures of the bank.
Project Implementation and Monitoring:
- Coordinate with respective Project Team Leader in all aspects across the project implementation.
- Lead periodical preparation of project implementation assessment and support report of each project under his/her portfolio, to ensure implementation issues and proposed action are documented as reference for smooth execution.
- Review implementation quality and progress of Bank’s approved operations, and provide recommendations on actions to improve to relevant authorities.
- Provide input to the relevant Procurement and Financial Management staff in their respective duty ensuring procurement and financial management of projects are in line with the policies of the bank
- Assess contract management and financial management activities of projects, and provide recommendation on bank’s position to relevant authorities.
- Maintain adequate, up-to-date, and accurate project information and key records in the bank’s operations management system.
- Assess implementation arrangement of Bank’s approved operations, and provide recommendation on bank’s position to relevant authorities.
- Contribute to maintenance of project implementation plans to ensure ongoing monitoring of project progress, pro-active identification of issues, recommendation and implementation of action plans to resolve issues promptly.
Project Closure and Review:
- Provide input to Task Team Leader from the Global Practice in the development of project completion reports at the completion of each project, to ensure key issues and lessons learned are documented for reference in future projects.
- Compile input to Sectoral Teams in Global Practices, Knowledge Management and the Institutional Learning Unit to ensure lessons learned are recorded for reference in future projects.
General Project Management:
- Provide input to Project Team Leader regarding the operational cycle of projects to ensure necessary operational policy and procedural improvements are implemented.
- Support Project Team Leader in engaging external expertise according to the bank’s procurement policy, to complement internal resources ensuring quality project due diligence, implementation, and lessons mining.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Economics, Management, Social Sciences, or related field, preferably with Master’s degree or equivalent
Minimum number of years and nature of experience:
- 6-8 years of experience in project management in the development sector
Job specific competencies:
- Building Relationships
- Client Centricity and Responsiveness
- Vendor Management
- Project Management
- Quality Management
- Contract Management
- Financial Management
- Passion for Excellence
- Communication Effectiveness
- Problem Solving
- Stakeholder Management / Client Orientation
- English (mandatory)
- French (mandatory)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: The position is only applicable for Nigerian national or citizen of Niger, Chad, Cameroon, Gabon, Burkina Faso, Togo, and Benin
Application Deadline 22nd September, 2019.