Oracle provides the world’s most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems, with more than 370,000 customers including 100 of the Fortune 100 representing a variety of sizes and industries in more than 145 countries around the globe.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Autonomous Database Sales Representative – FSI Market
Job ref.: 19001C43
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Regular Employee Hire
- Autonomous Database is the world’s first autonomous data management in the cloud to deliver automated patching, upgrades, and tuning-including performing all routine database maintenance tasks while the system is running—without human intervention. This new autonomous database is self-driving, self-securing, and self-repairing, which helps to eliminate manual database management and human errors.
- Autonomous Data Warehouse provides an easy-to-use, fully autonomous data warehouse that scales elastically, delivers fast query performance and requires no database administration. It is designed to support all standard SQL and business intelligence (BI) tools, and provides all of the performance of the market-leading Oracle Database in an environment that is tuned and optimized for data warehouse workloads.
- If you are looking to take the next step in your career by offering great effective, efficient, and commercially viable solutions to your clients, then one of our Autonomous Cloud sales roles could be your springboard to success.
- We’ve got exciting new opportunities opening up working with Oracle’s Cloud sales teams. So if you are passionate, entrepreneurial, innovative, and believe in being consultative and having fun whilst you work, then this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
- Having a sense of humor in what can be a pressure environment helps, and the rewards for your contribution include a compensation and benefits package and a continuous training program in a structured environment that are world class.
- The Autonomous Database Rep (ADR) will drive high volumes of Cloud deals using the Land – Use – Expand approach (land Universal Credits Cloud deals quickly to IT and LOB targets, ensure Usage and value is driven via attached Oracle Consulting efforts, engage continuously with the customer to drive rapid expansion of their initial usage and commercials based on value-based selling)
- Develop Oracle Autonomous Sales opportunities and maintain customer relationships in the defined customer territory
- Promote and evangelize Oracle products to selected customers, partners, and internal audiences
- Develop relationships and collaborate with our partners to define, recommend, and drive sales
- Develop and execute a sales plan that provides complete territory and sector specific coverage
- Develop appropriate sales programs and solutions; maintain up-to-date competitive information and compile regional success stories
- Meet with senior customer contacts to build credibility and develop lasting relationships
- Engage with Pre-Sales support for customer meetings to develop customer discussions further
- Lead successful go-to-market campaigns by working closely with internal marketing specialists
- Contribute and lead in account planning, customer/market analysis, and strategy sessions
- Contribute individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
- Sells a subset of product or services directly or via partners to a large number of named accounts/non-named accounts/geographical territory (mainly Tier 3 accounts).
- Primary job duty is to sell technology software products and related services in a defined territory. Identifies, qualifies and closes new opportunities.
- Manages accounts including the entire sales process from business development prospecting and specifications through contract negotiations, signing, and post-sales support. Leverages the Oracle sales model to maximize revenue growth and increase local market share. Builds and expands business partner revenue and self sufficiency.
- Job duties are varied and complex, needing independent judgment. May have project lead role.
- 5 years field sales experience including technology sales experience. Ability to forecast, manage sales expenses, and successfully close new Oracle business. Business development, prospecting and presentation skills.
- Excellent communication skills and problem solving ability.
- Proven track record of exceeding sales objective and territory/account development. Experience as the focal point for clients for all sales and related issues.
- Oracle knowledge and/or knowledge of Oracle’s competitors. Travel may be needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
The Autonomous Database Sales Representative will be an integral member of the Cloud Technology Sales Team and the ideal candidate will have:
- A strong interest in technology, passion for sales and strong communication skills.
- 5+ years of experience in direct software sales, including Cloud Service experience.
- Solution seller: able to understand quickly business needs and establish trust
- Agile : Able to drive a high volume of active opportunities at speed, at the same time, closing deals within aggressive timescales
- IT and LOB: Able to confidently pitch Autonomous and Oracle Cloud to both IT and LOB audiences
- Connected: Able to use Oracle ecosystem to navigate within a customer to identify targets and opportunities
- High levels of prospecting skills: targeting, find the names, cold calling, get the meeting – searching for non traditional contacts outside installed base data and using all methods to interact withthem
- Cloud confident: Able to outline the full Oracle Cloud picture and explain Universal Credits commercials
- Hands-On: Able to personally demo or give quick hands-on example of Autonomous usage “on the spot”, without needing to always engage technical resources
- Value driven: Able to identify real use-cases for Cloud in the customer that drive value for the customer and can lead to rapid expansion of original deals
- Optimistic and positive mind set, eager to interact and influence people, driven by winning and resilient
- Disciplined: daily reporting on activities, systematic fast execution
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: As part of Oracle’s employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).