Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a Danish international non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. DRC is present in more than 30 conflict territories around the world assisting displaced people with shelter, food, income-generating activities, and a wide range of other assistance. It is of utmost importance for DRC to work in compliance with the DRC Accountability and Quality Management system and national legislations. Smooth, reliable and effective operational systems are preconditions for DRC to maintain its position as a trustworthy and reliable partner for our donors and an accountable organisation towards our beneficiaries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Officer
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Contract type: National contract
About the Job
- Under the supervision of the Finance Specialist and Finance Coordinator the finance officer of Yola, assisted by a finance assistant, will be in charge of the daily finance and accounting management of Yola base.
- The Finance Officer will work on overall financial monitoring and support capacity building for Yola office and partners and practice rigorous financial control mechanism and archiving System.
- He/she will make sure that financial procedures, policies, and requirements are implemented in compliance with DRC and Donors and to contribute to the achievement of DRC goals and vision.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Management of the office cash flow includes the forecasts.
- Hold a cash book and update on a daily basis the ERP-Dynamics system adequately
- Management of financial assets and liabilities of the base
- Tax deduction and remittance on time
- Archiving and Audit Management in Yola.
- To be successful in this role we expect you to fulfil the below requirement and have a good background in archiving and Audit management. All employees should master DRC’s core competencies: Communicating, Taking the lead, Collaborating, Striving for excellence and Demonstrating integrity.
- Degrees preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to Finance, Accounting, administration.
- Ability to provide technical guidance and advice especially to a non-finance colleague.
- A Good Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Etc.) is considerable.
- Experience working in international Non-Governmental (INGO) with a background in Audit and compliance management is considered as an asset.
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant professional experience in general accounting, finance, and Administration experience is needed
- Ability to work closely and effectively in a team to achieve work priorities and objectives.
- Ability to work with ERP-Dynamics will be an appreciated advantage.
- Enthusiasm as a team player, who is flexible, always ready to take on new challenges and drives for results in a dynamic environment
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, and deliver under pressure.
- Contract length: A Contract of one year will be issued.
- Designation of Duty Station: Yola with frequent travel to other field locations.
- Start date: 15 December 2019.
- Salary and conditions: In accordance with the Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment;
- The income will be subject to statutory deductions as per applicable Nigeria laws. The employee is responsible for tax returns.
DRC as an employer
By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries. We pride ourselves on our:
Professionalism, impact & expertise:
- Humanitarian approach & the work we do
- Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution
- Culture, values & strong leadership
- Fair compensation & continuous development
Deadline: 3rd December, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English.
- Applications sent by email will not be considered.
- DRC-DDG Nigeria does not charge any fees for recruitment and does not use any employment mediator.
- If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact email@example.com For further information about the Danish Refugee council.