Alfred & Victoria Associates is one of Nigeria’s leading ICT solution based company. Our company offers a wide range of services which are in high demand of today’s emerging market. AVA has three major arms which have been streamlined to meet our customer’s needs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Accountant
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Job Summary & Purpose
- This role is responsible for coordinating the day to day accounting operations of the subsidiaries, as well as applying accounting principles to prepare financial reports and analyse financial information.
- Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
- Direct Report to: Account Officers (Payable, Receivable, Payroll)
- Internal Relationships: All finance staff
- External Relationship: Financial institutions, Auditors.
- Manage accounting applications and ensure integrity of financial reports.
- Prepare work papers for audit and pre-qualification/tender documentation purposes.
- Liaise with relevant external bodies/contacts e.g. auditors, solicitors, bankers etc.
- Prepare reports of audit findings, outlining discrepancies and recommended workable solutions.
- Implement risk management procedures and internal controls.
- Ensure strict adherence to HSE policies and procedures and comply with safe work methods as required.
- Perform any other duty that may be assigned by Supervisor/line Manager.
- Maintain the general ledger. Review and post financial transactions into tally, making accruals and adjustments as needed.
- Prepare and analyse profit and loss statements and monthly close accounting reports.
- Perform monthly balance sheet accounts reconciliation, resolve outstanding/unusual items or accounting entry discrepancies.
- Advice management and relevant finance staff on acceptable accounting policies e.g. revenue, receivables, depreciation, taxation etc.
- Prepare and manage fixed assets register.
- Reconcile all ledgers for the production of year end trial balances and reports.
- Prepare the annual statutory financial reports, making appropriate disclosures.
- Academic Qualification: Degree in Finance, Accountancy, Economics or other related field.
- Professional Qualification: Relevant professional qualification e.g. Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN), Association of Certified and Chartered Accountants (ACCA
- Experience: 5 years work experience in the Finance/ Treasury/ Accounts function in a similar organisation.
Key Skills & Competencies:
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team.
- Ability to lead and coach direct reports to improve efficiency and competency.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks.
- Intuitiveness and attention to detail.
- Experience in finance and accounting. Deep knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. Knowledge of IFRS would be added advantage.
- Proficiency in the use of financial reporting tools.
- Strong Integrity.
- Proficiency in the use of Ms Office Suite i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to analyze financial data and interpret financial reports.
Key Performance Metrics
- Financial reporting
- Asset and fund management
- Risk management and Control
- Effective monitoring of income and expenditure.
- Accuracy of ledgers for accounts – Payables, Receivables etc.
- Frequency of fraud.
- Adherence of staff to established finance policies.
- Strict adherence and compliance to QHSE policies and safe work rules.
- Turnaround time.
- Timeliness of report delivery.
- Completeness and accuracy of reports.
- Frequency of errors in reports.
- Accuracy of fixed asset records.
- Very Attractive.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline 13th February, 2020.
Note: Any application received after this will be automatically rejected.