Medecins Sans Frontieres is a private, international organisation. The organisation is made up mainly of doctors and health sector workers and is also open to all other professions which might help in achieving its aims.
Médecins Sans Frontières provides assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict. They do so irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Coordinator Assistant
Location: Abakaliki, Ebonyi
Contract Period: Indefinite
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide support to the Project Coordinator in the administrative part of coordination tasks, ensuring a smooth relation with local and national authorities, contributing to the context analysis and follow-up, providing translations and interpreting in order to ensure the smooth running of the project.
- Monitor and report on key issues (security, risk, etc.) to the Project Coordinator and provide support in analyzing contextual information, through a sound knowledge of counterparts, in different administrations in order to improve decision-making processes.
- Assist the Project Coordinator in the drafting of correspondences with authorities and counterparts (government officials, UN agencies, NGOs, etc.) in order to ensure fluent and accurate communication flows
- Preparing and conducting context, cultural and security briefings on the project context to new employees (national and international) in order to facilitate their integration and within the project environment. Ensuring regular security briefings/trainings of assessment team, drivers, and guards in consultation with the Project Coordinator.
Context Specific Responsibilities
- Together with the Project Coordinator and the Project Medical Referent, s/he will be responsible for the coordinating operational strategy, planning, and implementation of the project, with other Managers.
- Support other departments in their activities for the smooth implementation of the project.
- Keeps project coordinator and staff informed of important developments in the field of viral hemorrhagic fever, or related health conditions
- Contributes to development of handover plans to ensure MSF activities are assumed by partners over the life of the project
Minimum Required Skills and Qualifications
- Education Desirable, university degree.
- Experience Desirable two years previous experience in similar jobs in the field of humanitarian aid with MSF or other NGOs.
- Languages English and Igbo Language is essential
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit soft copy of their Application, including Cover Letter, Resume and copy of relevant Certificates and NYSC certificate/Exemption Letters to: Msfocbemail@example.com
Send their Hard copy to:
MSF Belgium Human Resources Office,
Block D 33 Liberation Estate (after the Enugu/Abakaliki express),
Abakaliki – Ebonyi State.
In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the format as seen below:
- Current location
- Languages you speak
- Years of relevant experience
- NYSC status
Application Deadline 31st January, 2020
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer, both men and women are encouraged to apply.
- Please note only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for interview; MSF Belgium takes this opportunity to thank all potential candidates for their application.
- The following vacancy is open to all residents of Nigeria.