Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading non-governmental public health organisations in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS prevention and treatment, malaria prevention and treatment, primary health care system strengthening and maternal, newborn and child health care. We work in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Global Fund, United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Department for International Development (DFID), Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD for Mothers and Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Security Officer
Job ID: sfh-48375
- The Project Security Officer will be responsible for ensuring the safety and security of employees, visitors to the project, physical assets, inventory, proprietary information and intellectual asset of the organization by providing strategic direction, tactical management, emergency planning, risk assessment, intelligence gathering, threat mitigation and disaster recovery strategies.
The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- Provides information by reviewing, developing, and continually improving security operation’s operational manuals and procedures; briefing project and organisation’s executives and managers on security-related issues.
- Secures the organisation, its project and its people by maintaining an intelligence network; designing and implementing policies and strategies of organisation security including internal investigations.
- Maintains protection systems by developing and refining philosophy and design standards relating to protection systems
- Determine personnel protection requirements by gathering and reviewing pre-planning travel intelligence information; issuing travel advisories; modifying travel itineraries; making travel security arrangements, including guards, secure accommodations, and security-equipped transportation.
Qualifications / Experience
- A minimum of bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Psychology, Sociology or any other related course
- Must be retired in Military, not below the rank of Captain / Lieutenant / Flight Lieutenant or Police force not below Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP).
- A minimum of 3 years in security management and operations in private/commercial or non-governmental organisation.
Skills and Competency required:
- A background of Intelligence Crime Detention, Prevention and Control of Crime-
- Ability to plan and develop security training programs, prepare written procedures and instructions, and to organise observed facts into activity and incident reports, and security program reports.
- Sound knowledge of various security considerations in Northeast Nigeria gathered from experience of working in the states of the zone.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline 10th January, 2020.