NoemDek Limited – Our client, an International School located in Oniru-Lekki, Lagos is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accounting Officer
- We seek to hire an accounting officer to assist the accounts department, create routine financial reports and other duties as required. The position is based in Lagos, Nigeria
- Handles receivables and associated records and bank where required
- Responsible for reconciliation and reimbursement of petty cash transactions
- Monitoring of all income and expenditure relating to internal budgets; keeping budget holders informed of their balances and committed expenditures
- Management and development of the school’s computerized financial systems.
- Responsible for sales ledger, credit control and authorization of purchase invoices
- Prepares reconciliation reports, VAT returns and any other financial return required either statutorily or by the authority
- Manage the relationship and contracts with all external providers of goods and services.
- In conjunction with the nominated staff members, scrutinize and attend to the payment of all invoices and statements of account
- Carry out and keep analyses of costs and other statistical information
- Co-ordinate and maintain a list of approved contractors and suppliers to ensure best value
- Exploration and management of income generating opportunities (e.g. lettings, sales of uniform etc)
- To maintain confidentiality at all times in respect of school-related matters and to prevent disclosure of confidential and sensitive information.
- To undertake any other duties of a similar level and responsibility as may be required.
- Performs any other duties assigned.
- Assist with the preparation of the school’s annual budget, review and update as necessary
- Monitor income and expenditure in relation to the school’s budget, and produce monthly reports for the Directors
- Assist with preparation of the school’s financial statements, including balance sheet, income statement and cash flow statement in accordance with [IFRS] for submission to the school’s auditors
- Assist in the preparation for the annual audit and liaising with all parties involved
- Maintain and oversee all bank accounts including the school’s debit cards, completing monthly reconciliations and reporting banking errors to line manager
- Undertake general financial administration including: raising orders/invoices, process payments, input budget figures, responsible for computerized transactions and ascertain prices of occasional suppliers
- Assist with the development and review of school financial controls, policies and procedures
- Enter data into financial accounting software on a daily basis.
- Assign sequential reference to each transaction for cross checking in the accounting systems and receipts
- Check the accounting records for accuracy and correctness as necessary
- Prepare all other financial reports as needed
- Check matching expenses for compliance with regulations
- Reconcile all monthly bank account against bank statement and submit to the Directors for review Monitor the payment of salaries by the school’s payroll provider, liaising with the provider as required
- Check/ Prepare all the necessary financial data required for payroll, tax and pension deductions and ensure they are correct and paid in timely manner.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of accounting and financial analysis
- Good knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Good written, communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills.
- Qualifications: B.Sc in Accountancy, ACA
- Years of Experience: Minimum of 2 – 3 Years (in a school or similar institution preferably)
- Good knowledge of accounting software (e.g. QuickBooks)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply