Netcom has been Nigeria’s leading Internet Service Provider since 2004, staying ahead of the competition with cutting edge platforms in VSAT, WIMAX, Radio, and Fiber technology. Now, a pioneer in Business Transformation Solutions, we empower organizations to lead their market space by keeping pace with the rapid changes in IT innovations, ensuring relevance to specific business initiatives required to maximize revenue generation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Centre Engineer
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
- The staff is to ensure the proper running and maintenance of the Data Center.
- To ensure that all necessary policies and procedures affecting the Data Center are generated and to ensure the enforcement and tracking of such policies and procedures and activities.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain ownership of Change Management request for the Data Center.
- Password control for equipment in the Data Center.
- Backup policy for the equipment in the Data Center.
- Disaster Recovery Plan for the Data Center.
- Labelling of equipment in the Datacenter according to the approved naming convention.
- Create Data Center Policies
- Update, Maintain, Enforce & Control Data Center policies.
- Restrict and monitor access control into the Datacenter.
- Ensure thorough cleaning and maintenance of Datacenter based on a regular schedule.
- Procure and maintain Environmental Control Units in the Datacenter.
- Keep proper Inventory control of the Datacenter equipment
- Monitor, record and escalate Equipment performance in the Data Center.
Education and/or Professional Qualifications
- Degree in [Engineering, Computer Science] or a related field.
- Professional qualifications, accreditation to professional bodies.
Essential Skills / Knowledge:
- Maintenance / Monitoring of hardware equipment.
- Maintenance of Environmental control units
- Analytical thinking
- Troubleshooting Skills
- Experience with:
- Network monitoring activities and applications.
- Network preventive/corrective maintenance.
- Data Center equipment and maintenance.
Desirable Skills / Knowledge:
- Good knowledge of 3G.
- Work well in a busy team, being quick to learn and able to deal with a wide range of issues.
- Ability to quickly understand and adapt to the use of new software.
- Working knowledge of iDirect VSAT system
- Working knowledge of Gilat VSAT system
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply