Pivotage Consulting – Our client, a full-service Real Estate Development company in Ikoyi is currently seeking to hire an experienced personnel for the position below:
Job Title: Development Manager
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos.
Type: Full Time
Job Category: Experienced
Objective / Summary
- The Real Estate Development Manager will manage the commercial real estate development opportunities and perform tasks to support these endeavors.
- A development Manager is a very skilled and adaptive associate who can balance creative thinking and financial accountability, strategic planning, lead generation and sales execution, leadership and management, drive individual and team performance, culture and discipline.
- Are you an innovative and inspired real estate deal maker who has a history of successfully executing commercial real estate transactions or executing development projects? Do you have admirable experience working in commercial, retail, and residential projects? Are you able to add value through every step of the development process including sourcing and acquiring land, office / retail leasing, financial modelling and analysis, and project oversight?
- Preparing budget models, investor memorandums and tenant leasing documents
- Driving with land acquisition including site visits, due diligence, liaising with agents and owners, preliminary financial analyses and securing anchor tenants
- Participation in design meetings with the architects, engineers and project team members
- Assisting with negotiation of project legal documents, contracts, leases, etc.
- Participation in marketing / leasing strategy sessions.
- Overseeing Development Team meetings.
- Managing negotiation meetings with the contractors / consultants, vendors, tenants, etc.
- Supporting the Management Team to acquire, develop, and manage commercial real estate development opportunities and perform tasks to support these endeavours.
- Participating in all phases of complex developments including underwriting, internal investment approval, due diligence, financing, closing, development, and management
- Working with other development team members to prepare presentation materials for senior management, investors, Joint venture partners, lenders, planning authorities, etc.
- Interacting with senior management on a daily basis to drive decisions which affect ongoing projects
- Performing analyses by creating financial models and make recommendations to senior management based on these analyses
- Interacting with multiple teams including the Property Management Team, Leasing Team, Finance Team, and the Legal Team to drive the progress of a project.
Qualification and Required Competencies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to produce quality work in a consistent manner.
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Adaptability to changing demands.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously while under pressure.
- Ability to interact with co-workers, contractors, tenants, and/or vendors in an articulate, courteous, and business-like manner at all times.
- Results orientated.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Finance, Real Estate, Marketing, Architecture, Project Management or related field.
- Minimum of five years of direct experience within property development, property finance, or property leasing.
- Strong understanding of the development life cycle around commercial and residential assets
- Ability to negotiate while thinking of your feet
- Strong financial modelling skills preferred
- Proven interest and experience in real estate
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using “Development Manager as the subject of your application
Note: Please ensure CVs are in MS Word format only.
Application Deadline 2nd March, 2020.