Amber Residence Limited – We are one of the leading and fastest growing hotel and leisure groups in Africa with business and resort destinations throughout Ghana, Nigeria and Zimbabwe.
We are currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Electrician
- Use a variety of tools and equipment such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment including oscilloscopes, ammeters, and test lamps.
- Install ground leads and connect power cables to equipment, such as motors.
- Perform business management duties such as maintaining records and files, preparing reports and ordering supplies and equipment.
- Repair or replace wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Work from ladders, scaffolds, and roofs to install, maintain or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
- Place conduit (pipes or tubing) inside designated partitions, walls, or other concealed areas, and pull insulated wires or cables through the conduit to complete circuits between boxes.
- Construct and fabricate parts, using hand tools and specifications.
- Fasten small metal or plastic boxes to walls to house electrical switches or outlets.
- Perform physically demanding tasks, such as digging trenches to lay conduit and moving and lifting heavy objects.
- Provide preliminary sketches and cost estimates for materials and services.
- Provide assistance during emergencies by operating floodlights and generators, placing flares, and driving needed vehicles.
- Install, maintain and repair electrical control, wiring, and lighting systems.
- Read technical diagrams and blueprints.
- Perform general electrical maintenance.
- Inspect transformers and circuit breakers and other electrical components.
- Troubleshoot electrical issues using appropriate of testing devices.
- Repair and replace equipment, electrical wiring, or fixtures.
- Follow National Electrical Code state and local building regulations.
- Circuit breaker corrective maintenance.
- Good knowledge of heating and air conditioning systems.
- Good knowledge of various test equipment.
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Maintain current electrician’s license or identification card to meet governmental regulations.
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes.
- Direct and train workers to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
- Prepare sketches or follow blueprints to determine the location of wiring and equipment and to ensure conformance to building and safety codes.
- Completion of electrician apprenticeship.
- / Electrician degree from a technical college l / High school diploma
- Required Experience: 3 – 5 years
- The successful candidate should be able to meet the requirements of the workplace on time
- The successful candidate should be able to relate professionally with members of staff
- The preferable candidate for this position will be a male
- Completion of electrician apprenticeship.
- Experience working as an electrician.
- Deep electrical system, power generation, blueprints and maintenance and repair knowledge.
- Experience in renewable energy field.
- The successful candidate must have at least three years experience from a reputable hospitality outfit.
- The successful candidate must have excellent command of the English language (which is essential in both written and verbal).
- The successful candidate should be able to dictate risk areas
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Resumes & Application Letters to the following address:
Human Resources Department,
Amber Residence Limited,
16 Esugbayi Street,
GRA – Ikeja – Lagos State.
E-mail their Resume to: email@example.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline 10th February, 2020