Human Capital Partners – Our client is a leading Power Generation company with a focus on the development and operation of independent power plants. Driven by a private-sector philosophy to deliver on its specific projects, the Company is championing a vehicle for attracting significant investment and human capital in order to transform the Power industry and provide electricity to millions of Nigerians. Amongst other strengths, the Company adopts best practices in its operational systems, processes and procedures, and has assembled an exceptional team, with a broad diversity of skills, expertise and experience, who share a strong purpose for making a positive impact.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager, Corporate Social Responsibility
- The successful candidate will be responsible for the development and delivery of the Company’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) strategy and programmes
- Inherent in this is the assessment, selection, implementation and monitoring of selected social investments projects that make a tangible, positive and long-term difference to the lives of under-served people and communities throughout Nigeria.
- As the focal point for Corporate Social Responsibility activities, he/she will liaise with both internal and external stakeholders to ensure the delivery of optimum value and impact from the Company’s social investment strategy, activities and projects.
- As part of on-going initiatives to enhance its capacity to achieve its goals, as well as make a meaningful impact in the society, our client seeks to recruit a dynamic, exceptional and results-oriented professional to fill the position of Manager, Corporate Social Responsibility for its operations in the Niger Delta region of the country.
Key Responsibilities will include the following:
- Supervise and coordinate the project contractor selection process for the Company’s CSR projects
- Manage site mobilisation, implementation, completion, handover and delivery of social investment projects on time and within approved budget limits
- Create and coordinate relevant volunteer activities and events for charities and communities in order to engage employees and raise awareness of the Company’s CSR programmes.
- Source, secure and sustain partnerships with other partner organisations or institutions who have similar CSR ambitions to leverage scale and economies
- Monitor and measure project implementation, as well as maintain pictorial and written records of all projects implemented
- Identify, assess and propose specific social investment projects, including projects being implemented by NGO partners, inline with agreed investment criteria
- Review project budgets for reasonableness, ascertain market cost pricing and prepare funding requirements and financial plans.
- Prepare periodic reports of planned, on-going and completed projects for each Corporate Social Responsibility cycle and year.
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes
- A minimum of seven (7) years relevant work experience covering the development and implementation of a Corporate Social Responsibility strategy
- Demonstrable knowledge of the business imperatives guiding the implementation of Corporate Social Responsibility programmes
- Strong experience in social impact work, community interventions and projects
- Excellent team work, social, as well as stakeholder engagement and management skills
- Proven leadership, negotiating and influencing skills
- Proven organisational, execution and project management skills, including the ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects concurrently
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Maturity and tact, including the ability to relate with different levels of authority, internally and externally
- Excellent networking skills, particularly relationship-building, interpersonal and communication skills
- A Bachelor’s Degree in the Social Sciences, Law or Business-related disciplines from a reputable university. Possession of a Masters Degree is an advantage.
- High ethical standards and level of integrity.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV (prepared as a Microsoft Word document and saved with your full names) to: email@example.com Please quote “ES000105” as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline 26th February, 2020.
- Please include in your application, a statement of how you meet the advertised criteria, as well as names and contact details (including telephone and e-mail addresses) of three referees who are knowledgeable about your professional achievements and abilities
- All applications will be treated in strict confidence.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.