PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) Nigeria has been operating in Nigeria since 1953 through its predecessor firms of Coopers & Lybrand and Price Waterhouse. We’re one of the leading professional services firms in the country with offices in Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt, over 1000 staff and 31 resident partners.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager – Deals (Advisory)
Reference Number: 125-NIG00241
Job type: Permanent
Purpose of the Job
Drive the PwC Nigeria Deals practice’s development and execution in the following areas:
- Vendor assistance
- Feasibility study and business plan
- Other financial advisory services
- Capital raise (equity, debt and mezzanine)
- Mergers and Acquisitions (buy side and sell side)
- Due diligence (financial and commercial)
- Execute financial / commercial due diligence and other transaction-related services, such as vendor assistance, feasibility study and business plan, to corporate and private equity fund clients.
- Assess a target company’s quality of earnings, quality of assets, normalised working capital and net debt
- Ability to identify the target’s key business performance drivers and key deal issues
- Thorough knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards, especially current accounting standards that could impact the transaction
- Develop and maintain very deep understanding of PwC lines of service, “local” Advisory competency offerings, PwC Africa Advisory capabilities / specializations and PwC Global Advisory capabilities within the context of the financing / capital raise complex
- Support business development efforts including identifying opportunities, developing relationships, scoping prospective engagements and leading proposal development.
- Articulate priority client relationship building strategy
- Drive the development XLOS and X-Geography teams per client
- Managing client relationships through positive and proactive engagement
- As a trusted advisor, demonstrate a deep understanding of client business challenges & mobilize necessary cross-competency and cross-geography teams to resolve them
- Partner with advisory competencies in leading the client engagement delivery through proactive engagement, innovative approaches, issues resolution and quality delivery
- Identify and communicate engagement findings to client management
- Consistently seek client feedback during and outside the engagement delivery cycle
- Effectively lead in people development, and manage the team to provide exceptional service
- Develop finance / capital raise specific training modules and lead the deployment (training sessions)
- Act as role model by engaging staff through mentoring / coaching and counselling
- Support leadership in building and maintaining a pipeline of competent staff in the Deals practice
- Ensure assigned projects follow risk management policies and standards in accordance with standards
- Lead and report on engagement economics & metrics
- Build good XLOS and X-competency relationships, and support key internal roles by aiding them to meet the firm’s objectives
- Execute on Acquisition financing, Project financing and Recapitalization projects
- Deal identification & origination i.e. sourcing the transaction
- Deal preparation & structuring i.e. deal readiness assessments & enablement, financing strategy development etc.
- Deal marketing i.e. marketing material development, engaging with potential financing partners in competitive or negotiated processes etc.
- Deal close i.e. managing due diligence, negotiations, securing funding etc.
- Develop and keep up to date the PwC Deals financing / capital raise thesis
- Landscape / value chain – funding lifecycle, notable players including funders and users (key projects and corporates), dynamics, evolution etc.
- PwC Deals’ “unique point of view” on financing in Nigeria / West Africa – trends, dynamics, opportunities, challenges etc.
- Identify the potential PwC client universe within the value chain (mid to large cap and relationship dimensions)
- Prioritize focus sub-sectors /targets and derive PwC Deal’s very detailed “go-to-market strategy” (in conjunction with other relevant leaders)
- Determine PwC investment requirements to enhance our financing / capital raise presence
- Other relevant components of the thesis
Job Specific Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Finance, Business, Engineering or related field
- Master’s Degree in Business or Finance related field is a plus
- CFA designation is a plus
- Education, experience, knowledge, skills
- Education: (minimum level of academic and professional qualification and accreditation required to performer effectively in the role)
- Fluency in the English language is required. Fluency in French is advantageous
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills and an ability to understand clients’ business issues
- Sound business judgement and problem-solving skills
- High attention to detail and refined presentation skills
- Proven ability to supervise the completion of detailed financial analysis, financial modelling and valuation
- Ability to interact with senior management of potential clients as well as senior government officials
- Capacity to think laterally and creatively outside traditional transactional advisory and financing
- Minimum level of personal and professional experience required to perform effectively in the role
- Minimum of 5 years of investment banking / deal advisory / private equity experience with a focus on capital raise
- Experience in running sell-side / capital raising process
- Experience in building and maintaining strong relations with senior level clients and key industry contacts.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and experience leading projects and diverse teams.
Job Knowledge Requirements
- Due diligence experience
- Business Development in the Deals Advisory space
- Minimum level of practices, standards, processes, legislation etc
- Financing / capital raise structuring and execution / Mergers and Acquisitions
Job-Related Skills and Competencies:
- Adaptability to respond to change
- Lead and supervise teams and team activities
- Decide and initiate action to achieve key business results within area of responsibility
- Excellent relationship and networking skills – proven track record of dealing with senior client contacts
- Project Management skills – ability to manage across multiple and complex projects
- Application of technical expertise
- Adaptable to working and engaging with multiple cultures across client environment.
- Minimum level of skills i.e. computer literacy, technical skills, and Technical Competencies required to do the job
- Excellent Business Development skills – Entrepreneurial and Commercial Thinking
- Exceptional Presentation, Communication and Facilitation skills
- Strong negotiation skills – Persuading and Influencing
- Strong creativity and innovation abilities
- Exceptional Client Service – delivering results and exceeding client expectations
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 17th February, 2020.