A reputable Non-governmental Organization (NGO) dedicated to the prevention, treatment, care and support of diseases of public health importance in Nigeria seeks to recruit qualified persons to fill critical position necessary for their programme implementation. The organization works in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, USAID, Global Fund as well as the British government to fight AIDS, Malnutrition, Tuberculosis and Malaria in Nigeria.
We are seeking qualified and suitable candidates to assume the vacant position below:
Job Title: Program Associate – Prevention & Community Services
Job Reference Code: PAPCS4422
Slot: 3 Openings
- This position will assist in providing technical and programmatic support closely with the State Team Lead, to drive community based programs in the Prevention & Community directorate in close working relationship with stakeholders; CSOs, supported health facilities, relevant government agencies and network of PLHIVs, in the implementation of community- based programs.
- S / He will support in the implementation of HIV prevention and community- based programs, care and support for Orphans & Vulnerable Children (OVC) services with gender mainstreaming.
- To support the CSOs during program implementation, and closely monitor compliance with standards and target achievements in assigned state(s).
- Assist in capacity building efforts of partners and ensure delivery of high quality services at all program sites using internationally recognized best practices and in line with national guidelines.
- Support in strengthening bi-directional referrals between communities and health facilities, and gender mainstreaming across program areas.
- Assist in providing oversight and technical support to all HUIV prevention community services in assigned state(s) with guidance from the supervisor and the State Technical Lead.
- Contribute to the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the directorate work plans with quarterly progress report writing of all programmatic activities.
- Contribute to the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation as well as reporting of all HIV prevention and community based programs; Orphans & Vulnerable Children (OVC), and Care & Support services at the program sites.
Qualifications and Experience
- Must possess a minimum of 3 years cognate experience in an NGO or donor-funded environment with expertise in the design, implementation and monitoring of HIV Care & Support program (including OVC)
- High level of integrity.
- Must possess good relationship management / advocacy skills.
- Must possess good report writing, presentation, data interpretation skills.
- Must possess a minimum of first Degree in Sciences or Social Sciences.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org Applicants will be required to attach a CV with a suitability Statement that states how their skills, knowledge and experience make them suitable, and indicate the “Job reference Code and Location” as subject of the email.
Application Deadline 3rd March, 2020.
- The suitability Statement should not exceed a page and must appear on the first page if the CV, contained in one document. Any application that is not in line with this instruction will not be considered.
- Late application will not be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.