Negotiation and Conflict Management Group (NCMG) International – Founded in 1996, Negotiation and Conflict Management Group (NCMG) International is an independent non-profit, non-governmental organisation committed to access to justice and peacebuilding in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Training Officer
- The Training Officer coordinates the executive, academic and student programs and activities that enable the effective running of the training division. The Officer works in areas such as sourcing for participants, registration for executive training programs, quality assurance and data management.
- The Officer has the overall responsibility for initiating and maintaining the permanent record of each participant in any of our trainings including the organization, supervision and coordination of all pre-training activities.
- Responsible for design coordination and organisation of all NCMG Training and Conferences including the annual ADR Conference;
- Research and recommend ADR related training program for divers sector of the Economy;
- Design marketing strategies and market all NCMG Training programs;
- Works with the faculty in coordinating the time schedule for programmes including of training space; maintains accurate records of all courses, curriculum and lectures notes/slides.
- Contributes to policy and planning with committees including Management Committee, Governing Council, etc;
- Assist with students’ enrolment and marketing activities;
- Administers each ‘student’s lifecycle’ from registration to completion of the Training
- Provides administrative support to instructors/faculty;
- Liaison with participants and dealing with queries and complaints procedures;
- Maintains high levels of quality assurance, including course evaluation and course approval procedures;
- Prepares reports, updates and statistics for internal and external use;
- Liaison with partner institutions, other institutions, external agencies, government departments and prospective delegates;
- Responds to all enquiries from prospective delegates;
- Organizes and facilitates a variety of educational or social activities.
- Acts in any other capacity as maybe recommended by the NCMG International Monitor, track and evaluate all activities during programmes for future improvements Arrange for all protocol needs
Essential Qualifications & Attributes
- At least 3-5 years of experience working in training, consultancy and related field.
- Knowledge of ADR, international peace building and advocacy issues at the global level.
- Strong Organizational skills, and the ability to work autonomously combined with experience working remotely and in support of programs abroad.
- Good marketing skills to influence prospective participants and other external stakeholders in training programs.
- Strong analytical, writing, editing and verbal skills for communicating with broad and diverse stakeholders.
- Creative, energetic and innovative approach to identifying solutions.
- Effective as a collaborator in complex internal and external organizations.
- Ability to work with efficiency and diplomacy.
- Proven ability to build and cultivate strong relationships.
Job Title: Advocacy Officer
- We are seeking to recruit an Advocacy Officer who will work on developing and implementing NCMG advocacy strategies.
- Working with the Country Manager, the Officer will design and deliver on the NCMG advocacy strategies, building relationships with key decision makers and influencers, monitoring relevant local and foreign policy on peace building, access to justice and alternative dispute resolution while identifying opportunities to shape policies, and supporting the advocacy work of NCMG International:
- Design and deliver NCMGs core advocacy strategies to decision-makers and opinion-formers
- Monitor current debates, discussions and development locally and internationally on peace building, access to justice, foreign and security policies, ADR and identify opportunities to shape these policies
- Develop strong relationship with key parliamentarians, government officials and civil society organisations
- Formulate strategic advocacy plans and messaging, draft policy briefings, letters, submissions and other advocacy products
- Work with other departments, to ensure that relevant experiences and insights arising out of NCMG programmes feed into NCMG’s advocacy work
- Develop and maintain a robust record and database ADR activities, Peacebuilding and access to justice initiatives, political analysis and keep others in the organisation informed of political trends and opportunities
- To build and maintain contacts with relevant NGO networks working on peacebuilding, ADR, access to justice, and conflict prevention to ensure the inclusion of NCMG’s key messages into policy documents, meetings and events as appropriate
- To organise NCMG advocacy events such as the ADR conference, Peace awards and liaise with other individuals, corporate organizations, government institutions and NGOs where appropriate in their design and preparation.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in the following disciplines: Law, Business Administration, Management, Public Relations, English, Communications, Science or related disciplines.
- At least 3 – 7 years of work experience with proven track record and exposure to an advocacy officer for a credible NGO
- Experience in managing a broad range of activities dealing with various individuals locally and internationally
- Good communication skills- both spoken and written;
- Computer literacy and proficiency in using Microsoft Office tools.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications including CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Ref: Training Officer” as the subject of the mail.