A reputable non-governmental organization (NGO) dedicated to the prevention, treatment, care and support of diseases of public health importance in Nigeria seeks to recruit qualified persons to fill critical position necessary for their programme implementation. The organization works in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, USAID, Global Fund as well as the British government to fight AIDS, Malnutrition, Tuberculosis and Malaria in Nigeria.
We are seeking qualified and suitable candidates to assume the vacant position below:
Job Title: Senior Technical Advisor- Clinical Services
Job Reference Code: STACS4434
- The job holder will work with the Associate Director of Clinical Services to maintain a high level of expertise and innovation in the delivery of pediatric and adult antiretroviral therapy (ART) services.
- S / He will support the development of evidence-based strategies in line with national guidelines and donor priority for the attainment of UNAIDS 95-95-95 goal, including the implementation of national “test and start” strategy to improve linkage to supported treatment sites, uninterrupted ART services for PLHIV, differentiated models of care and treatment, medication adherence support and scheduled monitoring in order to retain them on treatment and ensure treatment success.
- The successful candidate will provide support in the implementation of TB / HIV activities to address TB disease among PLHIV. Special program emphasis will be placed on Benue State, where “ART Surge Strategy” is being implemented.
- Work closely with other team members to prepare program reports and support documentation of best practices as well as enhance knowledge sharing.
- Interface, in conjunction with other members of the State Team, Program Office, relevant government agencies and other stakeholders.
- Contribute to the development of program work plans.
- Support in promoting stakeholder engagement by working with various levels of government, their relevant bodies / agencies, US Government agencies in Nigeria and other partners.
- Support in providing technical guidance for the delivery of antiretroviral therapy in line with national guidelines and international best practices.
- Ensure that training materials, SOPs and tools for ART service delivery are up-to-date.
Qualifications and Experience
- Possession of experience in TB, MNCH, RH and malaria programs would be an advantage.
- Must possess excellent oral, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess appreciable skills in computer knowledge and application.
- Must possess a high level of integrity.
- Good personal appearance and disposition.
- Must possess a medical degree (MBBS or equivalent), a postgraduate medical fellowship in an appropriate specialty (Internal Medicine, Family Medicine Pediatrics or Public Health) or an MPH, with a minimum of 12 years’ cognate experience, especially in HIV clinical / program management.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should send their Applications to: email@example.com Applicants will be required to attach a CV with a suitability Statement that states how their skills, knowledge and experience make them suitable, and indicate the “Job reference Code and Location as subject of the email.
Application Deadline 3rd March, 2020.
- The suitability Statement should not exceed a page and must appear on the first page if the CV, contained in one document. Any application that is not in line with this instruction will not be considered.
- Late application will not be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.