The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Staff Nurse
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Department: AUN Health Center
Summary of Position
The Nurse at the AUN Health Center shall work with the Health Center team directly under the Head Nurse AUN HC to provide clinical and medical support for patients at the AUN HC to ensure the Health & Wellness of students and all other members of the AUN Community.
- Capacity to prioritize by assessing situations to determine urgency.
- Skill in developing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and confidentiality.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply professional medical principles, procedures, and techniques
- Knowledge of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment
- Effective verbal and written communication skills along with proper telephone etiquette
- Tactfulness and professionalism
- Nursing Certificate
- Valid License to practice / Nursing registration
- One to three years of direct work experience
- Basic Nursing Ethic
- Ability to undertake self-directed tasks when necessary.
- Flexible with time.
- Ability to learn
- Attention to detail.
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the University.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline 18th February, 2020.