BGI Energy Services Limited is a diversified oil, gas and construction company taking on the world’s toughest challenges. From engineering and construction in the oil and gas sectors to project management and professional training services.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: QAQC Engineer – Process Piping
- Responsible for inspecting and ensuring that the Company’s Pipeline construction and pipeline repair projects adhere to the Project Procedure / Work Plan, industry standard, company’s safety standards, as well as all state and federal regulations.
- Provide early warning of potential quality issues and ensure non-conformances are identified and reported to COMPANY through regular review, follow-up on corrective actions and update of QA/QC status.
- Review COMPANY packages, Contractor procedures, Inspection and Test Plans (ITPs) and other technical and quality documents as required.
- Ensures that all testing requirements identified in COMPANY specifications are addressed by construction Contractor or supplier.
- Verify that all testing procedures have been approved and are on site. Confirm testing parameters are duly recorded and testing equipment are calibrated.
- Support inspection of materials and review of material certification prior to use
- Verify depth and alignment of trenches, using tape measure and examines bottom of trench for rocks or other hard objects that might damage pipe coatings.
- Examines surface and x-ray films of welded joints to detect external and internal welding defects.
- Responsible for selection of welds for non-destructive testing as well as recording and listing of defective welds.
- Observe coating and wrapping of pipe or pipe joints for conformance to specifications and verify accuracy of coating by observing or conducting electrical tests for holidays.
- Carry out audit of the approved Third Party NDT Inspection Company.
- Review the inspection and testing methods and procedures for Radiographic, Dye Penetrant, Magnetic Particle, and Ultrasonic Inspections.
- Supervise and pre-qualify all crews/workers engaged in Welding Operations by conducting welder qualifications testing and procedures qualification testing.
- Review of hydrostatic test packages for NDT compliance prior to testing, and overseeing hydro pressure testing of pipelines.
- Monitor any Post Weld Heat Treatment on site and review the completed test reporting.
- Actively monitor site radiation safety and review day to day applications for x-raying of welds.
- Ensure that welding parameters and pre-heat conditions are maintained according to the specifications and procedure qualifications.
- Ensure welding standards are observed and maintained at all stages of pipeline construction.
- Represent Company and Service Contractor in a positive and professional manner.
- Review specifications and work procedures to ensure contractor comply with Company requirements.
- Ensure Contractor’s documentation are acceptable and are compiled progressively as required.
- Carry out daily surveillance reporting and submission of weekly report of Contractor’s work.
- Provide general QA/QC direction to Company on QA/QC related issues.
- Perform other tasks as may be assigned by COMPANY
- HND or Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Professional Experience: Minimum f 10 years experience in Pipeline with Project background within Oil & Gas industry.
- Construction experience is required on pipeline installations.
- Experience on construction yard in Construction Contractor team is required.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Must have knowledge of applicable Local and International Codes and Standards (e.g. API 1104, CSWIP, ASME B31.4 and ASME B31.8), as applicable in the oil/gas
- Good understanding of design of Pipeline systems of oil and gas processing
Minimum Professional Certification(s):
- MNSE, COREN (Added advantage)
- Others: International Certifications, etc.
- Ability to communicate well in verbal and written English at all levels within the Company.
- Good team player with interpersonal skills and aptitude to work in a diverse cultural
- Ability to analyze inspection data trends and make recommendation for inspection level and frequency changes.
- Good physical condition, requires walking, climbing, and tolerance to environmental conditions.
- Understand and apply quality management principles and processes.
Job Title: Radiographic Film Interpreter
- The Film Interpreter will be responsible for interpreting results of industrial radiographic film and performing industrial radiography on castings and weldments using radioactive isotopes and high energy x-ray, this includes:
- Review customer specification requirements for RT.
- Verify and approve radiographic techniques on castings and weldments in accordance with customer specifications
- Review completed radiographs for compliance with technical specifications and applicable acceptance criteria.
- Complete and approve required paperwork to support radiographic inspection and customer requirements
- Establish and implement radiographic techniques on castings and weldments in accordance with client’s specifications
- Complete required paperwork to support radiographic inspection.
- Assist with guidance and training of Radiographer Level I and Trainees
Skills & Qualifications
A qualified candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Engineering / Physics / Chemistry background.
- Previous or current SNT-TC-1A Level II certification and IRRSP certification required.
- Must be able to provide previous exposure records upon request.
- Ability to read and understand specifications (i.e. ASME, ISO etc.) and develop compliant radiographic techniques and document accordingly.
- Minimum 3 years experience as a Radiographer Level II required.
- Previous experience interpreting radiographs for compliance to applicable acceptance criteria and documenting of exams is preferred.
- Computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong math skills including basic algebra
- Knowledge of ASME Code and other specifications required.
- Excellent written (including email) and oral communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Ability to work in a team environment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Application Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org addressing it to “HR Manager” and using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline 13th March, 2020.