Breakthrough ACTION ignites collective action and encourages people to adopt healthier behavior – from using modern contraceptive methods and sleeping under bed nets to being tested for HIV and preventing the spread of zoonotic diseases – by forging, testing, and scaling up new and hybrid approaches to social and behavior change.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Women Empowerment Group Consultant
- Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria (BA-Nigeria) is a United States Agency for International Development (USAID) funded Social and Behavior Change (SBC) project designed to increase the practice of priority health behaviors in the areas of malaria; maternal, newborn, and child health, including nutrition (MNCH+N); family planning/reproductive health; and tuberculosis.
- The project works closely with Federal and State Ministries of Health and other USAID implementing partners. To achieve the overall project goal, Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria set out to radically improve MNCH+N behaviors in Northern Nigeria using the BA-Nigeria three phased SBC Process: Define, Design & Test, and Apply using Human Centred Design (HCD) approaches. BA-Nigeria is currently at the Apply phase, where the women empowerment group prototypes will be implemented as part of the BA-N community strengthening strategic approach.
- Therefore, BA-Nigeria is looking for a consultant who will lead the training of the community facilitators for the ‘Women’s Empowerment Group’ activity and continue to provide overall guidance in the activity implementation that enables women of reproductive age to learn about MNCH and Nutrition and access opportunities for basic economic empowerment.
Scope of Work:
- Lead the training of the community facilitators in Sokoto.
- Continuous support of all activities leading which includes, the establishment of the women’s groups, weekly activities, etc.
- Support with the off sight supportive supervision of the women’s groups where necessary
- Develop and submit comprehensive training report
- Provide audiovisual oversight to the training of the community facilitators in Kebbi and Bauchi.
- Continuous off sight support on the implementation of the WEG approach
- Support review of other successful models of women’s groups previously established that may be adapted
- Other tasks that may arise and agreed with BA-Nigeria.
Essential Minimum Qualifications
- Minimum 5 years’ experience nurturing and working with women’s groups at the community level on issues related to MNCH, Nutrition, and microcredit
- Residence in one of BA-Nigeria project states
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate fluently in Hausa and English.
- The consultancy will be for six days from April 14 to 21, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application and CV to: email@example.com in MS Word or PDF format.
- Indicate the position in the title / subject of the email application. Example: Consultant for Women Empowerment Group
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Candidates that do not comply with application instruction will be disqualified
Application Deadline Friday 13th March 2020.