Avant Facilities Services Limited – Established in Nigeria since 2012, is a full-service property management company. Avant Facilities Services Limited has its head office at Victoria Island, Lagos, and with a skilled workforce deliver first class integrated Facility management services. At the heart of our success is that all our services work seamlessly as one team, that share the same ethos and passion to ensure our client always receive consistently high standard services, tailored to their requirements and exceeding their expectation, no matter their size or sector.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Quantity Surveyor
Job Code: QS1
Job Type: Contract
- We are searching for a reliable Quantity Surveyor to join our capable team of professionals. The Quantity Surveyor will be tasked with analysing existing budgets and making improvements, reviewing plans, and preparing quantity estimates, negotiating with various contractors and vendors, as well as building relationships with clients and site managers.
- To be successful as a Quantity Surveyor, you should have a methodical approach and superb interpersonal skills. Outstanding Quantity Surveyors are not only great at analysing costs, but they also know how to read people and tailor their negotiation strategies to ensure the best possible outcome.
- Reviewing construction plans and preparing quantity requirements.
- Scrutinising maintenance and material costs, as well as contracts to ensure the best deals.
- Keeping track of materials and ordering more when required.
- Documenting any changes in design and updating budgets.
- Establishing and maintaining professional relationships with external and internal stakeholders.
- Travelling from the office to various sites as required.
- Liaising with site managers, clients, contractors, and subcontractors.
- Preparing reports, analyses, contracts, budgets, risk assessment, and other documents.
- Advising managers and clients on improvements and new strategies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Quantity Surveying, Engineering, Management or similar.
- Excellent negotiating and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organise, plan, and strategize.
- Excellent reporting skills. Both written and verbal.
- Great networking abilities.
- Minimum of 6 years experience in quantity survey with at least 4 yearsТ experience in property development
- Construction estimating or finance experienced is required.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Sound knowledge of construction and property development.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Code: “QS1” as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only qualified candidates will be considered
Application Deadline 22nd June, 2020.