C++ Developer Interview Questions
C++ developers apply their C++ programming language expertise to develop desktop and mobile software applications, as well as embedded systems. They collaborate with stakeholders to determine application requirements, deploy software, and maintain software systems.
Whether you're a job seeker preparing to be interviewed for the role of C++ Developer or
an employer preparing to interview candidates for C++ Developer position,
these C++ Developer interview questions will help you prepare yourself for the job interview session.
C++ Developer Interview Questions
Below are a list of some skill-based C++ Developer interview questions.
- Do you know other coding languages?
- How many years of experience do you have with C++?
- Tell us about a time when you struggled with a concept in C++ and what you did to overcome it.
- Explain your process for starting a new C++ project.
- How would you handle a team member not delivering their portion of the work on time?
- Do you have any professional qualifications in C++?
- Can you describe your approach to optimizing application performance?
- How do you document software development processes?
- What is the best way to obtain end-user feedback on deployed software?
- Can you tell me about a challenging software project you completed successfully?
- Are you familiar with the C++ programming language?
- What are some C++ projects you’ve worked on in the past?
- What do you like the most about programming with C++?
- In your opinion, what specific skills should a C++ developer have?
- What are your strong points in programming in C++?
- What are your weaknesses in programming in C++?
- How would you explain the concept of a function to someone with no programming experience?
- In C++, what is the concept of inheritance? Please explain.
- What do you know about abstraction in C++?
- What is a namespace in C++?
- What is a class template in C++?
- How would you initiate the variable C in C++? Mention the different ways.
- Explain an inline function and give its syntax in C++.
- What do you know about encapsulation in C++?
- What do you know about storage class in C++? List some storage class names.
- How will you use volatile keywords in C++?
- What do you know about vTable and vptr in C++? How does the C++ compiler maintain and use them?
- In C++, what is the difference between function and operator overloading?
- What is the main difference between the keyword struct and class?
- Talk about the differences between Java and C++.
- What do you understand by Abstract class in C++?
- What do you understand by access modifiers in C++?
- What are some of the advantages of programming in C++?
- Explain the differences between reference and pointer in C++.
- Explain the difference between an array and a list in C++.
- What is a DLL? How would you export a function from a DLL?
- What is a friend function? List its characteristics.
- Define a destructor in C++. What are its rules?
- What is the difference between a struct and a class?
- Do you have any experience working with code libraries? If so, which ones?
- When is it appropriate to use a virtual function?
- We want to ensure that our code is secure and free of bugs. What is the software development life cycle and what are the different stages?
- What makes C++ an ideal programming language for creating software applications?
- Which programming paradigms do you have experience with?
- What were your specific job responsibilities in your previous position as a C++ developer?
- Why would you call C++ an object-oriented programming language?
- What is the difference between C and C++?
- There are many programming languages out there. What motivated you to learn C++ and pursue work in this language?
- Programmers always like to display their favorite projects in their portfolio. What's your most memorable project using C++?
- No programming language is perfect. What is one drawback to C++ that can frustrate you?
- Many people are trying to learn how to code. What advice would you give someone who's learning C++?
- Every programmer has an opinion when it comes to apps. What would you change about our company's app?
- Explain how constructors and deconstructors work together in C++
C++ Developer Interview Questions and Answers
Every interview is different and the questions may vary.
However, there are lots of general questions that get asked at every interview.
Below are some common questions you'd expect during C++ Developer interviews. Click on each question to see how to answer them.
- What is Your Greatest Strength?
- Why Should We Hire You?
- Tell Me About Yourself
- What is Your Greatest Weakness?
- What Is Your Greatest Accomplishment?
- Are You a Leader or a Follower?
- What is Your Salary Expectation?
- Why Do You Want To Leave Your Current Job?
- Why Do You Want This Job?
- Do You Have Any Questions for Us?