Construction Worker Job Description
Job Descriptions > Building and Construction > Construction Worker
Common questions people ask include:
What is the job description of a Construction Worker? What are the duties and responsibilities of a Construction Worker? What does a Construction Worker do?
Job Description of a Construction Worker
Construction workers work as part of a team on a construction site for buildings, such as residential homes, commercial properties, or similar structures. They perform a variety of tasks, such as carpentry, fitting roofing, tidying the construction site, assisting colleagues with electrical and plumbing duties, and helping with loading materials.
Construction Worker Duties and Responsibilities
Construction Worker job description should contain a variety of functions and roles including:
- Preparing construction sites, materials, and tools.
- Loading and unloading of materials, tools, and equipment.
- Removing debris, garbage, and dangerous materials from sites.
- Assembling and breaking down barricades, temporary structures, and scaffolding.
- Following all health and safety regulations.
- Digging holes, tunnels, and shafts.
- Mixing, pouring, and leveling concrete.
- Assisting contractors, e.g. electricians and painters, as required.
- Assisting with transport and operation of heavy machinery and equipment.
- Regulating traffic and erecting traffic signs.
Construction Worker Requirements / Skills / Qualifications
Construction Worker job description should include these common skills and qualifications:
- High school diploma
- Previous working experience as the construction worker for (x) years
- Hands-on experience with construction equipment like drills, hammers etc.
- Experience with mixing and pouring construction material
- Knowledge of construction operations and procedures
- Team player
- Familiarity with blueprints
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent balance and eye-hand coordination
As a hiring manager, recruiting an ideal Construction Worker starts with crafting a good job description. Use this Construction Worker job description example to save yourself time and help you attract the most qualified candidates. Feel free to revise it to meet your specific needs. Job seekers interviewing for the role of a Construction Worker may also reference it in preparation for the interview.
Similar to Construction Worker Job Description