Draftsman Job Description
Job Descriptions > Design and Architecture > Draftsman
Common questions people ask include:
What is the job description of a Draftsman? What are the duties and responsibilities of a Draftsman? What does a Draftsman do?
Job Description of a Draftsman
A Draftsman is a skilled professional who follows specifications to draw plans for buildings and machines using computer-aided design and drafting (CADD) processes. Draftsmen can be employed in different fields, and work closely with other professionals like architects, engineers, and scientists.
Draftsman Duties and Responsibilities
Draftsman job description should contain a variety of functions and roles including:
- Following specifications and calculations to create various technical drawings.
- Preparing both rough sketches and detailed work with CADD systems.
- Performing calculations for materials and weight limitations.
- Ensuring final designs are compliant with building regulations.
- Identifying and communicating potential design problems to the rest of the team.
- Communicating with architects and engineers, and incorporating knowledge gained into drawings.
- Preparing, reviewing and redrafting alongside the engineering team.
Draftsman Requirements / Skills / Qualifications
Draftsman job description should include these common skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Architecture.
- Degree from a technical college also acceptable.
- Ability to work well in a team and on your own.
- Ability to respond well to criticism and maintain a positive attitude.
- Experience in computer-aided design and drafting (CADD).
- Ability to draw manually favorable, but not essential.
As a hiring manager, recruiting an ideal Draftsman starts with crafting a good job description. Use this Draftsman job description example to save yourself time and help you attract the most qualified candidates. Feel free to revise it to meet your specific needs. Job seekers interviewing for the role of a Draftsman may also reference it in preparation for the interview.
Similar to Draftsman Job Description