Drummer Interview Questions
A Drummer is a musician who plays the drum set. Drummers provide rhythm and beat to a performance, play the drum during studio recording sessions, and contribute to the production of music.
Whether you're a job seeker preparing to be interviewed for the role of Drummer or
an employer preparing to interview candidates for Drummer position,
these Drummer interview questions will help you prepare yourself for the job interview session.
Drummer Interview Questions
Below are a list of some skill-based Drummer interview questions.
- How long have you been a drummer?
- Do you play any other instruments?
- Do you have any experience with musical composition?
- How well do you manage with improvisation?
- Who are your top 5 favorite drummers and why?
- What led you to study drums?
- What were your main teachers?
- What was your first important concert?
- What was your first recording in a music studio?
- How is your study routine in drums?
- What drums books do you play regularly?
- Tell us about your best bands
- What concerts you played are always remember as very good?
- What self-recording on CD most identify you?
- What styles of music do you prefer to listen to?
- What styles of music do you prefer to play?
- What are your tips to improve the hands technique?
- What are your tips to improve the feets technique?
- What are your tips to improve our drums independence?
- What are your tips to improve more speed on the drumkit?
- Who are your 10 favorite drummers and why?
- What latin drummers do you like?
- I'd want to know about the track creation process. What comes first? Always the baseline? A sample? Depends... ?
- Which part of producing a track is the most challenging? Mastering? Structure? Knowing when it's done?
- What most inspires you to create? Another artist's killer work? A gig? A new sample? A nice cup of tea?
- What's your favorite (drum) break and have you used it yourself?
- What's your most indispensable bit of production kit, and why?
- Which D&B track, in your opinion, has the best baseline ever - the most deep rolling, gut-shuddering lick you've ever heard?
- What advice would you give a new producer just getting started? What should they concentrate on and what should they ignore?
- As for gigs, what made your best set so good?
- What's your favorite venue to play and why?
- Any good tips for aspiring DJs on what makes a killer set?
- If you could be one other artist for a day, who would you choose and why?
- How loud should the sub-bass be compared to the kick drum when mixing electronic music?
- What are the best drum and bass tracks?
- Is the drum brass easy to play?
- Do you prefer salsa, rumba or march rhythms best?
- What’s the origin of the term “beatnik”?
- Did the Beatles really like insects (beetles) OR was their name just a play on words (and on insects)?
- Can you play with “drumsticks”? like from a turkey or large chicken?
- Was the drum solo in INNA GODDA DA VITA played by a man or a computerized machine?
- Can you play as well when your team is losing as when they’re winning?
- Would you be OK with starting out as a Drum Minor, before getting promoted to Drum Major?
- Who is your all-time fave cheerleader?
- How important, relatively speaking, are factors like mood, ergonomics, haptics and technology for you?
Drummer Interview Questions and Answers
Every interview is different and the questions may vary.
However, there are lots of general questions that get asked at every interview.
Below are some common questions you'd expect during Drummer interviews. Click on each question to see how to answer them.
- Why Should We Hire You?
- Why Do You Want This Job?
- What is Your Greatest Strength?
- Do You Have Any Questions for Us?
- Why Do You Want To Leave Your Current Job?
- Are You a Leader or a Follower?
- What Is Your Greatest Accomplishment?
- Tell Me About Yourself
- What is Your Greatest Weakness?
- What is Your Salary Expectation?