Enterprise Architect Interview Questions
An enterprise architect is someone who is responsible for making sure that a company's business strategy uses proper technology systems architecture to achieve its goals. As an enterprise architect, you will be responsible for overseeing, improving and upgrading enterprise services, software and hardware.
Enterprise architecture is regarded as one of the key ways to achieving competitive advantage through information technology.
Whether you're a job seeker preparing to be interviewed for the role of Enterprise Architect or
an employer preparing to interview candidates for Enterprise Architect position,
these Enterprise Architect interview questions will help you prepare yourself for the job interview session.
Enterprise Architect Interview Questions
Below are a list of some skill-based Enterprise Architect interview questions.
- Can you provide a brief definition of Enterprise Architecture?
- In your experience, what stakeholder groups would be involved in the Enterprise Architecture lifecycle?
- In simple terms, what is an architectural pattern?
- How do you evolve the Enterprise Architecture of a company that functions in a volatile environment?
- How easy do you find it to think in terms of the big picture and can you give an example of you drawing upon this quality at work?
- How do you go about improving your professional network?
- Have you dealt with organizations that had a siloed structure before, and how did you deal with it?
- What was the most successful initiative you ever took part in and how would you describe your contribution to it?
- What is your experience in dealing with high-level business stakeholders?
- How do you balance your relationship with different stakeholder groups, especially ones that challenge your ideas?
- How do you ensure business stakeholders’ requirements are observed?
- What do you believe is key to dealing with high-level stakeholders?
- How would you assess your leadership skills?
- What is the role of architecture in an agile environment?
- Do you have any experience working in an agile environment?
- Do you have any experience working with security architecture frameworks, and if so, which ones?
- Where do you see yourself a decade from now career-wise?
- Do you have any experience with data management standards and practices?
- Do you have any experience in negotiating service-level agreements with vendors?
- Have you ever failed to successfully deliver a project, and if so what have you learned from the experience?
- Where do you think enterprise architecture is headed as a field?
- What does a successful first year establishing an Enterprise Architecture practice look like to you?
- What qualities do you look for in fellow architects?
- What recent technological advancements do you think are important to Enterprise Architecture?
- Can you name some recent tech developments that are, in your opinion, important for Enterprise Architecture professionals to be aware of?
- What is your view on the role of Enterprise Architecture in strategic decision-making?
- Do you have any examples of you collaborating with teams across the wider organization?
- How do you go about obtaining buy-in from management?
- How does enterprise architecture support business goals and strategy?
- Can you briefly describe a mature enterprise architecture practice?
- How would you describe your approach to finding key value-add business activities?
- Do you have experience building architectural roadmaps?
- What was the most difficult project you ever participated in and how did you rise to the challenge?
- How comfortable would you be appraising an Enterprise Architecture practice’s maturity?
- How do you ensure a solution is in alignment with the architecture?
- What tools have you used so far in your career?
- Do you have any experience setting up an architecture governance function?
- Can you think of a situation when you were proud of your approach to solving a problem?
- What metrics would you use to prove the Enterprise Architecture practice has a positive effect on the business?
- Can you give an example in which you evangelized architectures and strategies to executives?
- What are some business goals that you contributed towards and how did you achieve that?
- How would you decide what kind of information to include in an enterprise architecture roadmap?
- How would you determine if a solution complied with the enterprise architecture?
Enterprise Architect Interview Questions and Answers
Every interview is different and the questions may vary.
However, there are lots of general questions that get asked at every interview.
Below are some common questions you'd expect during Enterprise Architect interviews. Click on each question to see how to answer them.
- Tell Me About Yourself
- Why Do You Want This Job?
- Why Should We Hire You?
- Why Do You Want To Leave Your Current Job?
- What is Your Greatest Strength?
- What Is Your Greatest Accomplishment?
- Do You Have Any Questions for Us?
- What is Your Salary Expectation?
- What is Your Greatest Weakness?
- Are You a Leader or a Follower?