Esthetician Interview Questions
Estheticians are licensed skincare professionals who provide facials, hair removal and other treatments to help maintain clients' personal appearance. Estheticians work for dermatologists, salons, spas, clinics and resorts.
Whether you're a job seeker preparing to be interviewed for the role of Esthetician or
an employer preparing to interview candidates for Esthetician position,
these Esthetician interview questions will help you prepare yourself for the job interview session.
Esthetician Interview Questions
Below are a list of some skill-based Esthetician interview questions.
- How do you keep your working environment organized and your equipment sanitized?
- How would you define inappropriate client behavior, and how would you address it?
- Could you give an example from past experience where you reassured a client who expressed embarrassment regarding a physical imperfection?
- How would you explain microdermabrasion to a client?
- Clients rely on estheticians for skincare advice. What factors do you consider when selecting skincare products for clients?
- What is your level of experience with salon management software?
- How do you maintain professional communication with clients to encourage repeat appointments?
- Can you talk about a time in which you identified a severe skin problem? How did you make your diagnosis and inform the client?
- Do you have any experience with hair removal processes, such as waxing, threading, or electrolysis?
- Are you skilled in giving manicures or pedicures and applying artificial nails? What examples can you provide?
- Has a client ever been dissatisfied with your services? If so, what was the situation and how did you resolve it?
- A client comes to you complaining about their recurring issues with eczema. What types of products or treatments would you recommend?
- How would you define the difference between estheticians and dermatologists? What examples can you provide?
- What is the highest volume of clients you've seen in a day? How do you maintain good time management on busy days?
- Some clients enjoy small talk during their appointments while others prefer to read, check their phone or sit in silence. What strategies do you use to gauge your clients' personalities and their communication needs?
- A client wants to know what types of quality skincare brands or items they can purchase within a limited budget. What products do you recommend to them, based on your experience?
- What treatments would you use on a client who has excessively oily skin?
- What safety procedures do you use when completing chemical hair removal?
- How do you maintain up-to-date knowledge on skincare trends and new products within the beauty industry?
- What is your process for maintaining accurate inventory records and notify management of your supply needs?
- Imagine that a client experiences an adverse reaction to a treatment you recommended (rash, allergic reaction, swelling, etc.). What will you do?
- Why employment instead of freelancing? Didn’t you think about starting your own salon or spa?
- How would you deal with an angry client, someone clearly unsatisfied with your service?
- What do you do to keep your knowledge of the latest trends in esthetics and skin care up to date?
Esthetician Interview Questions and Answers
Every interview is different and the questions may vary.
However, there are lots of general questions that get asked at every interview.
Below are some common questions you'd expect during Esthetician interviews. Click on each question to see how to answer them.
- What is Your Salary Expectation?
- Tell Me About Yourself
- Why Do You Want To Leave Your Current Job?
- Why Should We Hire You?
- What is Your Greatest Weakness?
- Are You a Leader or a Follower?
- What is Your Greatest Strength?
- Why Do You Want This Job?
- Do You Have Any Questions for Us?
- What Is Your Greatest Accomplishment?