Fitness Instructor Job Description
Job Descriptions > Sports and Recreation > Fitness Instructor
Common questions people ask include:
What is the job description of a Fitness Instructor? What are the duties and responsibilities of a Fitness Instructor? What does a Fitness Instructor do?
Job Description of a Fitness Instructor
A Fitness Instructor provides training and instruction of fitness programs to individuals and groups. The Fitness Instructor engages clients in exercise routines and weight loss programs, and helps them to reach their individual goals.
Fitness Instructor Duties and Responsibilities
Fitness Instructor job description should contain a variety of functions and roles including:
- Support the development and delivery of fitness programs.
- Assist members in reaching individual goals.
- Assist in maintaining and improving the goals of the organization.
- Ensure the safety of clients during training sessions.
- Conduct an initial assessment of clients' body measurements.
- Monitor BMI on a regular basis.
- Motivate clients who have reached a plateau in weight loss.
Fitness Instructor Requirements / Skills / Qualifications
Fitness Instructor job description should include these common skills and qualifications:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Gym Instructor certification.
- Computer literate.
- Focus on client satisfaction.
- Provide outstanding customer service.
- Deliver excellent results.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- A professional appearance.
As a hiring manager, recruiting an ideal Fitness Instructor starts with crafting a good job description. Use this Fitness Instructor job description example to save yourself time and help you attract the most qualified candidates. Feel free to revise it to meet your specific needs. Job seekers interviewing for the role of a Fitness Instructor may also reference it in preparation for the interview.
Similar to Fitness Instructor Job Description